My Weldless Brew Stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxpx5678

Reaction score
Well I got inspired by the great posts here and elsewhere on the internet and took the dive into making my own brew stand.

I don't have a lot of experience with building things but figured I could handle a weldless stand.

I bought 12 5 foot sections from McMaster and then a friend helped custom fab some corner bracket for me to hold the Keggles.

I went with a two tier system so I can utilize gravity to drain the mash tun into the boil kettle, and not have to deal with two pumps.

Here are some pictures

540598_10151441054637559_850262010_n.jpg

20130202_121211.jpg

20130202_121217.jpg

20130202_121117.jpg

20130202_121152.jpg

Very cool looking build!

I'm concerned about the gas isolation valve... it doesn't look "correct" for the application. Where did you find it? Most gas isolation valve are ball valves from what I've seen... then again... I could be completely off the mark! ;-)

Very cool looking build!

I'm concerned about the gas isolation valve... it doesn't look "correct" for the application. Where did you find it? Most gas isolation valve are ball valves from what I've seen... then again... I could be completely off the mark! ;-)

The one in the last picture? It is a needle valve, specifically built for an application such as this. It allows for finer control than ball valves. Found them at Ace Hardware in the gas plumbing section.

The one in the last picture? It is a needle valve, specifically built for an application such as this. It allows for finer control than ball valves. Found them at Ace Hardware in the gas plumbing section.

Cool man! Just as long as they are designed for gas. And I bet you can really dial it in as it's a needle valve! :)

Back