Just bragging a bit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimhenning

New-old brewer
Reaction score
Still a newb, but me and buddy got this 3 tap kegerator put together and works dang well...even store cold mugs and homemade bacon in the freezer!

kegerator.jpg

Pretty nice. Had one like that a while back. After putting tap handles on it I had to strap the freezer and fridge door together cuz every time I went for a mug it hit my tap handles and poured beer all over the place. Worked great, just used a metal strap on the edge of the doors.

No drips, they all work fine, I got a manifold for the CO2. I built a "floor" for the cornies and had enough room underneath to lay down the 20 lb CO2 bottle, ran line up the back into the 3-line manifold and each goes to a different keg, it all "just" fits...have to fiddle with it but it works.

I turn my own tap handles on my lathe, they just haven't been screwed on yet...neat thing about this kegerator, those spouts turn like a door handle, so I can just turn them to the side and open the freezer up when I need something out of it.

I built a "floor" for the cornies and had enough room underneath to lay down the 20 lb CO2 bottle, ran line up the back into the 3-line manifold and each goes to a different keg, it all "just" fits...have to fiddle with it but it works.

It is very dangerous to lay a CO2 tank on its side. CO2 exists as a liquid when it is compressed in a tank. If liquid CO2 flows into the regulator, it can rapidly expand into a gas and damage or even cause the regulator to explode.

See here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/can-i-lay-co2-tank-its-side-fridge-113475/

Adam

thanks for the safety tip its been about 2 weeks and no explosion, i shall turn it off and re-engineer it tomorrow, thanks man

jimhenning said:
thanks for the safety tip its been about 2 weeks and no explosion, i shall turn it off and re-engineer it tomorrow, thanks man

Just run your line outside the fridge and put the co2 canister beside the fridge. Works great and saves room in the fridge.

Latest posts

Back