sweet wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ejr

Reaction score
ive got some wine pear wine i made and got way to sweet plus the flavor of pear isnt the greatest so im going to make another 5gallon batch of something to try to doctor it and mix together any suggestions

never got no answer so i went ahead with a experiment to some welchs grape juice made a 5 gal bat at 10 percent using lavin 118 then since i didnt kill the yeast off with anything after it was around 1000 i mixed them and let it work out dry since i was afraid of the flavor i killed off the yeast and back sweetened with sweetened koolaide turned out great you can drink it with out letting it sit.

I'm glad it worked out for you! That's great to hear.

I don't have a sweet tooth at all and I dislike sweet things, so I always make my wines dry unless they are for a friend. I haven't anything "stick" and be too sweet yet, but it's always a concern.

sorry it didnt stick in fermation i just made the mistake of sweetening it to much i like mine semi sweet ,i would always work the yeast out then back sweeten

Back