GABF medals

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
Back in the day I won a couple GABF metals. When I left the brewery the medals stayed. I recently discovered I can get my own metals for $38.75 each. Does it seem like an arogant thing to buy or should I go for it?

You earned them, you should have them. I don't think it's arrogant at all. I think we all take pride in our beers, and having those skills recognized is a happy thing!

BP, you won those awards. You earned them. It's not sinful to have a little bit of pride in your accomplishments.

Now, if you start requiring your visitors to bow down and kiss the medals before they are allowed passage into your home, THAT might be taking it a bit far ;)

the_bird said:
Now, if you start requiring your visitors to bow down and kiss the medals before they are allowed passage into your home, THAT might be taking it a big far ;)

Uunnnleeeeesssssss, you become the brewpontiff and start wearing a way to large tall white hat. Then i suppose everyone coming in to your home will have to kiss the medals.

HEY, you could then DIY yourself a confessional out of an armoire and people would then drop money into a jar, a jar that would fund brewing.
:rockin:

I like the brewpontif idea, but for it to be truely effective I would need to have a gold medal and alas they are silver and bronze.

As for the WWJD, is the J for Jim, as in what would Jim Koch of Sam Adams fame?

I'd get 'em and I'd wear them around my neck every friggin' day! If someone gives you crap about them, take one off and bonk him in the head with it!

Latest posts

Back