Any difference between these kegging systems?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sorry for the stupid questions, but I want to make sure I get this right.

I'm ready to order my kegging equipment. I'm planning to serve from four taps through the collar on my freezer. Is there a difference between these two kits?

Kit 1:

Brew Logic Quadruple Tap Draft System with 4-way gas manifold, NEW Aluminum Tank :: Midwest Supplies Homebrewing and Winemaking Supplies

Kit 2:

4 Keg Basic Keg Kit, Dispenses Four kegs at once! (Seperate Check Valves!)

I'm using a freezer with collar, so I also want Perlick faucets. Do I just order 10' of hose for each, four faucets and four shanks? Anything else I'll need? Any risk of getting an incorrect size, or all standard?

As an aside, I don't mind getting the picnic taps with the kit as I'm likely to find good use for them.

Any reason you aren't ordering the kit with the taps?

4 Faucet Refrigerator Conversion Kit, 4 kegs

I've been spending a lot of time researching kegging systems and unless you find deals on craiglists I dont think you can beat kegconnections prices for their kits.

To answer your questions those kits seem the same to me, looks like a bangin deal from midwest.

Any reason you aren't ordering the kit with the taps?

4 Faucet Refrigerator Conversion Kit, 4 kegs

I've been spending a lot of time researching kegging systems and unless you find deals on craiglists I dont think you can beat kegconnections prices for their kits.

To answer your questions those kits seem the same to me, looks like a bangin deal from midwest.

LOL:eek:

See, that's why I love this place.:D

Now all I need is to substitute Perlicks and I think I'm set. Thanks!

One other thing to consider is force carbonating your kegs. If you only have one regulator you will only be able to set it up for carbing pressure or serving pressure. I guess you could shut off the gas to all the kegs that are ready to go and then crank it up for force carbing... it's just something to consider.

I have a single regulator setup right now and I am looking into getting a secondary regulator with a gas distributor so I can force carb with one regulator and serve with the other that distributes to X number of kegs.

One other thing to consider is force carbonating your kegs. If you only have one regulator you will only be able to set it up for carbing pressure or serving pressure. I guess you could shut off the gas to all the kegs that are ready to go and then crank it up for force carbing... it's just something to consider.

I have a single regulator setup right now and I am looking into getting a secondary regulator with a gas distributor so I can force carb with one regulator and serve with the other that distributes to X number of kegs.

If your system is balanced, your carbing pressure and serving pressure will be the same. I leave my kegerator at 12-14psi and rarely adjust it.

If your system is balanced, your carbing pressure and serving pressure will be the same. I leave my kegerator at 12-14psi and rarely adjust it.

How long does it take to carb a keg for you? I turn mine up to 20-30 psi for a day or two since I am impatient. Thats why I mentioned the two regulators.

How long does it take to carb a keg for you? I turn mine up to 20-30 psi for a day or two since I am impatient. Thats why I mentioned the two regulators.

I don't know the exact time, I have a kegerator and a conditioning/carbing fridge. I keep my kegs in the conditioning fridge for atleast 2 weeks before moving them to the kegerator and they're always carbed in those two weeks at 12-14psi (38 degrees in the fridge).

brewbrain...did you manage to find a midwest kit with perlicks or did you go with the keg connection one?

Im looking to get the same type of set up and I like the midwest prices.

brewbrain...did you manage to find a midwest kit with perlicks or did you go with the keg connection one?

Im looking to get the same type of set up and I like the midwest prices.

I grabbed the Midwest deal. I called them and got Perlicks swapped in. The price difference really made it a no-brainer as the Perlicks on kegconnection's site were priced almost the same as Midwest. Plus, I've dealt a little with Midwest and have been happy with them in the past. Kegconnection would have been new to me, although I'm sure they're fine.

I should take delivery next week:rockin:

Back