Maibock failing to start fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KIRBREW

Reaction score
Need some advice, I brewed a Maibock 96 hours ago, I pitched a 2 liter starter of WLP833 on a stir plate at 72 degrees into a 1.060 wort at 72 degrees as well. I dropped the temp to 55 over a 24 hour period in my fermenting fridge. I've agitated the wort again but no change at all. The only back up yeast I have is Safale us 05. Should I wait another day to pitch in the ale yeast or wait it out? I don't have a LHBS so just going and buying another vile is out of the question. Please help!!!

Let it go...Slow and steady wins the race...Are you getting any co2...take a good strong wiff you ought to feel something.

I've yet to see any action in the airlock. There is a slight fermentation smell in the fridge but nothing like the rotten egg smells of my previous lagers. Thanks for the quick reply. I'll try and be more relaxed I've just never had a lager take this long.

Back