What Preparation are You Making for the Coming Apocalypse?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingBrianI

Reaction score
When markets fail, the dollar devalues, and anarchy ensues, what are you going to do? Are you stocking up on dried beans, filling subterranean tanks with gas, constructing barricades around your house, buying as much ammo as you can? Every fourth president has had an assassination attempt...attempted upon him. If it happens the attempt is seen as being a racial attack, riots would overwhelm major cities. I for one think I have the perfect answer to an end-of-the-world, anarchy state civil war. Two words. Exploding arrows. I thought this up a while back and have since seen people try similar things online. You take an aluminum arrow, fill it with gun powder, and glue a shotgun shell primer on the end. Blows up on contact and sends aluminum shrapnel everywhere. Just aim at the middle person in the attacking crowd, zombie pack, whatever. When they are maimed you can pick them off with the rifle.

instructions.JPG

I'm a pretty laid back person. I think I'm going to deal with stresses simply by drinking more and ignoring any problems. If that was good enough for my grandpa, it's good enough for me. :rockin:

zombieshotgun.jpg

I have my Zombie preparedness setup all prepared...I plan to raid the nearby Walmart for a shotgun, food and shells, then anything I can ferment...then I am going to break into my local LHBS, and set myself up in there as the "Provider of the Sacred Barley Water."

At first I will trade it for nubile slaves, gotta repopulate dontja know....we'll grow hops and barley on the roof ......

I am stocking up on pez dispensers they will be the new currency after the government falls.

Dang, if zombies do show up I'm not so sure living on a cul de sac is all that it's cracked up to be. I'll end up running through the woods and we all know where that leads...crazy, rabid, wild, zombie dogs chasing me and mine.

I may just have to grow some hops and their mellow cousins ;) and stock up on a whole bunch of cheetos, then just wait it out.

I tell ya- drink more, and you'll never be concerned with zombies or the rest. You won't even see them coming, and if you do, you won't care. You'll just offer them a brew.

If I had to do anything, I would possibly stockpile everything on the second floor of my house and try to somehow barricade the staircase up. I would be sacrificing the first floor but I wouldn't have to worry about them getting into the windows or busting down a door and eating my brains. If it happened tomorrow, I would be screwed because I only have 5 bullets for my pistol. I got enough canned and dry food to last a few weeks. I guess I need to stock up on bullets. Hmm, but if my house somehow caught fire I would be screwed because I would be trapped on the 2nd floor. hmm........

I have my Zombie preparedness setup all prepared...I plan to raid the nearby Walmart for

no. no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO!!

Everyone is going to walmart. Everyone. There is no freakin way that going to the store with everyone panicking is going to end well. Have you ever been to the mall on Black Friday? How about when a blizzard or hurricane is coming? Now mix those two together, multiply into a log scale and throw in a dash of 'there ain't no po po any more' and that's exactly why you shouldn't go to any retail store when the **** hits the fan.

I'm glad I have 400+ lbs of grain, several pounds of hops, and a stash of dry yeast. Time to stock up on propane....

Beer... Check
Stuff to make more beer... check
300' deep well for water... check
Alternate power source... check
Medkit and meds... check
100's of surrounding wooded acres with wild game... check
Angus ranch a mile away... check
Guns... check
Ammo... check

I'm ready...:D

I knew I should've have bought that Barret .50 BMG when I had the money then the Zombies (undead, not the band :D )
couldn't get within 1,000 yds, now I'll have to let them get within 600yds. That's cutt'n it close. I need to stock up on more powder. I'm start'n a batch of Scottish Ale which should be ready by Zombie hour.

uggg! i hope you're talking about a beretta shotgun. cuz everyone knows a 9mm doesn't do sh*t against zombie brain.

Dude!
I was a licensed FFL for 3 years....I don't own a 9! My Beretta's are all .40's...and that's for the people stealing **** from WalMart....the Zombies get the big blasteroonie.

And I'm not going to get my 686 o/u out to shoot a zombie. That's what field grade 870's are for.

ok, I have 1000 lbs of salt. The knowledge of how to make alcohol with wild yeast and how to make my own malt to convert starch to sugar. I have enough grain stored to get the crops started. I figure my family will be at the top of the food chain. We will be selling Alcohol and Salted meat. I will be looking for a Brew Master when this happens. I can run the still but Im not good a beer yet. Feel free to send your resume. Please include your equipment requirements. FYI Zombie sex is NOT an employee benefit.

Dude!
I was a licensed FFL for 3 years....I don't own a 9! My Beretta's are all .40's...and that's for the people stealing **** from WalMart....the Zombies get the big blasteroonie.

And I'm not going to get my 686 o/u out to shoot a zombie. That's what field grade 870's are for.

I need to get my 870 back, .410's only good at close range plus being shot from a pistol gives it a real wide pattern. Time to build the bunker. Better yet, I'll grab the gear and head to my brothers wine cave. Only one way in and about 100 barrels of wine. That'll do it. :drunk:

I'll turn my taps around and jump into my keggerator. I'm 5'9", so I'll never get out, but I'll have beer taps pointed my way, so I won't care. Until the urine gets deep. but then the jellyfish stings won't hurt, so, meh.

I'm glad I have 400+ lbs of grain, several pounds of hops, and a stash of dry yeast. Time to stock up on propane....

My plan is to distract Edwort with Zombies, and then move in and clean him out of grain and Nottingham.

120 cases of toilet paper, Reeses peanut butter cups and back issues of Mini-Truckin magazine for the survivors.

Bring it.

You haven't seen the 50 cal. turret addition to the brewhaus have you? :D

Hm, yeah, sounds like a perfect safehouse: a small, wood-framed, single-floor hut with one exit. Remind me to raid your place for grain when you're a zombie....

This is a serious post.

I have two chest freezers filled with food. I have several jugs filled with water. I have a rifle and a handgun. I have 1000 rounds of black talons. I'm ready (though I wish I had those 3 SKSs I sold off a few years ago).

I'm set for a while. I just harvested almost 200 lbs of winter squash. I have onions, potatoes, carrots, garlic, rice, beans, ducks,chickens, etc, etc.. I have plenty of wood and wildlife. The only real trouble will be fighting people off. I think I could just patrol with some trained dogs or something. That reminds me, I need some plate steel so I can make an armored van :D.

Actually the Mormons and Amish will rule the earth when this all goes down :p

I'm set for a while. I just harvested almost 200 lbs of winter squash. I have onions, potatoes, carrots, garlic, rice, beans, ducks,chickens, etc, etc.. I have plenty of wood and wildlife. The only real trouble will be fighting people off. I think I could just patrol with some trained dogs or something. That reminds me, I need some plate steel so I can make an armored van :D.

Actually the Mormons and Amish will rule the earth when this all goes down :p

The A team will be over this weekend to fabricate your new armored van. They will also make you an air powered machine gun that fires bolts. (This is the sweetest part of the deal because it can fire 30 times for each bolt)

Back