"Newegg" Is selling PID temp controllers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stamandster

Reaction score
I have it on good authority that the TA4 version does not have the 0-100% manual setting that you want on a brew kettle - you want a TD4 for that.

Here's the Amazon link. The description does say TD4 and manual mode, although the picture is of the TA4 model. It costs around $30.

I've bought plenty of stuff on Newegg with good service. That said, I'm currently taking a look at my SIL's mini tablet made by AGPtek and it's probably a cheap knockoff company from China. This little tablet isn't too bad looking, really though. Those PID are probably similar in quality to the STC-1000s we get on Ebay.

I have it on good authority that the TA4 version does not have the 0-100% manual setting that you want on a brew kettle - you want a TD4 for that.

You don't need temp control on a boil kettle. Save your money and buy a pulse wave modulator, or just make one.

No need to make or buy anything if your PID controller also has a manual power setting that does the same thing. :mug:

Which is why I suggest the TD4 model over the TA4.

Would I be able to use this TD4 model on a Brutus build? I am having trouble figuring out what controllers, gas valves and thermocouples to buy to finish this damn thing off.

My advice (and I know nothing about the Brutus) is, go with what other people are using because it is tried and tested. $20 extra (1% of the total build cost?) buys you an easy decision. You get what you want and no hassle. The same goes for probes and valves.

But if you already know what you need and how to use it, by all means shop around.

Back