First time using Whirloc tablets any tips

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tenchu_11

Reaction score
So i wanted to clear up some of my ales and decided to get whirloc tablets i've never used them. Any tips or precautionary tales? ...1..2..3 GO!

In reading this post I realized that once I went all grain I have been using whirl-floc/Irish Moss in every batch without thinking about it's effects.

My beers seem clear?

One suggestion... If you're doing five gallon batches, cut the tablet in half and save the other half for the next batch.

Other than that, just toss it into the boil with about 10 minutes left, and watch the boil turn to egg drop soup.

Ok here's a tip. If you do 10 gallon batches and you drop two in just at the right spacing and at the 15 min mark, they foam up and look like just like tits. No kidding, nipples and all. I had to have Ubermick come over and look too, it was awesome. Outside of that, they work as advertised and I always use them. Current inventory is 52 tablets.

Ok here's a tip. If you do 10 gallon batches and you drop two in just at the right spacing and at the 15 min mark, they foam up and look like just like tits. No kidding, nipples and all. I had to have Ubermick come over and look too, it was awesome. Outside of that, they work as advertised and I always use them. Current inventory is 52 tablets.

LOL! You owe me one keyboard if I can't get all of the beer out of my current one.

:mug:

take a picture next time

so if i have a 5 gallon batch and i drop in two halves of a tablet, do i need to add in a training bra as well?

what if you are setup for a whirlpool in your BK. would you still use the Whirlfloc?

I find they work better if I keep to the 1 per 5 gallon dose. Could be as they get older they lose potency.

As to the anatomy, if you throw 53 of them in the boil a live genie pops out and grants your every wish!

Back