Hop Supply Building

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewagentjay

Reaction score
So I was thinking of starting to get a hop supply built up so I can start creating my own reciepes.......

I'm currently considering getting a # of Cascade & # of Columbus.......

If I get a # it's only a 1.15 more in shipping to get 2 #s....

Any other suggestions?

umm.... all of them but seriously what have you used in the past. I go for stuff like

simcoe
columbus
amarillo
chinook
cascade
centennial
magnum
warrior
summit

but I like hops, going from your brew list you are allover the board but have a few bitters going so take a look at my list.

northern brewer is a pretty good all-purpose hop.

east kent goldings are great if you want to do anything English
hallertau is pretty good for just about anything German

Northern Brewer, Fuggle, Saaz, Centennial, Cascade, and a clean bittering hop (Magnum or Galena) and you can make a dizzyingly wide variety of beers. If you tend toward one type of area, then you'll want to bias your purchases accordingly.

I want to invest in hops that will allow me to brew many types of beers....Since I have gone AG I want to buy in bulk so I can start playing with my own creations......

my first bulk hop order was: hallertau, magnum, cascade, and amarillo. i was able to do a lot with those, but i wish i'd gotten an english hop too, goldings (us or UK), or fuggle.

Back