CO2 Leak

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barstar3

Reaction score
I need some advice... Came home from vacation and had NO CO2 left in my tank. Hooked up the backup to get back in business but started searching for the leak. Here's what I found. Sprayed some Star San on the QD while hooked up and bubbles are coming out around it. When the QD is off the poppit seems to seal fine as there as no bubbles. Cant be the QD cause I interchanged the one from the other keg and it does the same thing only on this keg.. both QD's work fine on another keg. So..... any help? Thanks in advance!!

+1 on o-ring.

I had a similar issue on my QD for my brew rig the other day. A steady drip from one of the connectors turned out to be a slightly nicked o-ring, replaced it and had no issues.

+ 1 on replacing the post o-ring.
This is why I replace the tube and post o-rings every batch, and I spray all the leak points after kegging and purging. I have emptied too many co2 tanks to just hope it seals, I now verify that it does.

+1 on o-ring.

I had a similar issue on my QD for my brew rig the other day. A steady drip from one of the connectors turned out to be a slightly nicked o-ring, replaced it and had no issues.

Yeah I had a simular issue..... actually it was I forgot to put the O-ring back on a gas post when I was reconditioning a keg :drunk:

Thanks! I'll replace then lube and see if it seals. The knowledge on this site is unbelievable! I probably owe everyone here a beer, but you all probably make better beer than i do so...

to whom it may concern... I replaced the post oring last night and (drum roll) it works like a charm! Thanks guys!

Back