Check this out!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tippetsnapper

Reaction score
I'm still pretty green at brewing, but I went on a tour of Victory brewing this saturday and convinced a brewer to give me some yeast!!! I'm pretty darn pumped, it came out of a tank fermenting a wet hopped IPA.:rockin:

I brought a bottle full of starsan with me, that's what I used to bring it home, then put it in the fridge. Any suggestions on making it last? make a bunch of starters, the refridge?

yeast.jpg

I went on a tour of Victory brewing this saturday and convinced a brewer to give me some yeast!!! I'm pretty darn pumped, it came out of a tank fermenting a wet hopped IPA.

I brought a bottle full of starsan with me, that's what I used to bring it home, then put it in the fridge. Any suggestions on making it last? make a bunch of starters, the refridge?
Cool but what yeast is it?
Being an IPA they may be looking for something clean/neutral and - in theory - they could simply use US05. :)

If you have some test tubes or small vials, you could store some in that, make some slants easily enough, or just split it like it is now into small beer-bottles - it should keep for at least a few months like that.

Thanks for the info wolfy, they mostly culture all of their own yeast there. He assured me this was a good california type ale yeast. He actually tried to get me some from a fresh culture, but it ended up not being quite ready.

Latest posts

Back