stainless steel stockpot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats a high quality pot, with a lifetime warranty. I bought the exact one a month ago hoping to go all grain with it, when I realized its not nearly big enough for AG i returned it and bought a bigger one online. The problem with the 22qt is that its just barely too small to even do full boils in.

It's not ideal but I've been doing full boils with it for the past few months. I have a 40 quart stock pot but wanted to do double batches and didn't want to spend the $ for another 40 quart pot. Already had the 22 quart so rolled with it.

I haven't started full boils or AG yet, so this is ideal for me. Thought it would be ideal for other noobs who don't do full boils either.

Bought that pot last month. Yep, it's only 5.5 gallon but you won't find anything close to the quality at that price. Has a triple ply bottom (no hot spots.) I forget the gauge but it is stout.

For 40 bucks I think it's a steal. I've been brewing full boil 1/2 batches (3 gallon boil = 2.5 gallon in the bucket.) For stove top fun in the dead of winter this thing rocks! :mug:

Yup, that Tramontina is good quality stuff on the cheap. I got that pot early on and have moved up to a 9 gallon pot, but I use the Tramontina to heat the Mash and Sparge water on the kitchen gas range. The triple ply bottom is pretty sweet too. I own one of the smaller Tramontinas with the pasta and steaming inserts also for cooking. Good stuff.

apparently you guys can get a better deal on this than I can. Around Buffalo NY (and on Walmarts web site) they are $49.99... not that big of a deal... but its another $10

I use that pot and it works wonders. You can do full 5 gallon boils in it. However, you must:

a) watch it like a hawk because there is very little head space, 1" at best
b) wait for the hot break to happen before adding hops or you will boil-over. I do ~80 minute boils, 20 minutes for the hot break, then proceed with 60 minute hop schedule.

This gives me about 4 gallons at flame-out.

It is a great pot though, surprised that it was so cheap and yet so sturdy. I have no fear carrying 4 gallons boiling wort from stove to sink, the handles are insulated and riveted on.

This is the same pot I've used for a long time for extract and partial mash brews. It's been great. As David said, you can boil 5 gallons in there if you're careful. Just watch it closely during hot break and/or use Fermcap or something to keep the foam down. All said and done you usually just have to top off with a gallon or sometimes a tad less.

I've used this pot for two batches now and it rocks. I went to Wal-Crap to buy a frying pan by the same manufacturer and I did see that the pot was up to 49.99. I blame myself.:(

That's the one I bought. It is pretty nice. Wife and I have a complete set of that stainless cookware, actually. Good stuff.

(Also got it while it was on sale for 40 bucks).

Already want a bigger one, though. ;)

25769_10150125689445553_790740552_11325409_5785624_n.jpg

LOL, I was eyeballing that same pot at wall mart on Saturday and it was 49.99 here in Yakima too... I skipped it.... I should have got it... didn't.... Damn me...

I have this pot. Insulate it with some reflectix and have fun! Good pot. Very well built.

It is a nice looking pot. I honestly don't think that I could do a full 5 gallon extract boil in a 22 quart pot. Maybe others can.

5 gallons is 20 quarts. Add in all the LME and DME required there will be VERY little room left for the water to boil. Very easy to boil over. I wish it were a bit bigger. I would jump on that one for sure for the price. Here lately I have been boiling nearly 6 gallons for a 5 gallon batch. After 60 minutes of boil time I have about 5 1/4 gallons left to put into the primary.

Maybe it's just me.:mug:

Back