rib cage immersion chiller idea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I went to LOWES the other night to get a 50 foot roll of copper to make a chiller. I looked around and came across the refrigerator lines that are 3/8 " rather than buying a 50' roll and having to coil it from each end, I bought two 20' rolls and tightened the coils just a little....and then used a 1/4" connector to hook em together at the bottom then interlaced the coils. easy as pie.. It is not finished yet as I need some connectore for the water lines but I thought it went together very easily. oh yeah the rolls were only 16 or 18 bucks each.

I went to LOWES the other night to get a 50 foot roll of copper to make a chiller. I looked around and came across the refrigerator lines that are 3/8 " rather than buying a 50' roll and having to coil it from each end, I bought two 20' rolls and tightened the coils just a little....and then used a 1/4" connector to hook em together at the bottom then interlaced the coils. easy as pie.. It is not finished yet as I need some connectore for the water lines but I thought it went together very easily. oh yeah the rolls were only 16 or 18 bucks each.

If it can circulate cold water through your wort, it should work great! Good thinking on your part.

How about a pic? Sounds cool. I just made a run-of-the-mill regular circle chiller...

Back