Palmers 3rd edition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grimzella

Reaction score
I am looking for John Palmers. How To Brew (3rd Ed.) is it available? I could not find it on Amazon ect.. I did find the 2006 ver. Is this older copy outdated? if i am going to buy his book, i would like the latest edition.

Thanks for any help..
Dave

I believe the 2006 version is the 3rd edition.

Thanks,
Does this mean i should look for an updated version of homebrewing from another author? Being roughly 6 years old, will i run into outdated material in this 2006 version? I did find his .pdf version (but like to have a hardcopy)

Dave.

I have the 3rd edition and it is indeed the 2006 copyright. I doubt there is a much newer version that contains the same kind of information that "How to Brew" has. If you want the newest information you are already at the right place.

Palmer's 3rd edition is as good a start as any. There is no single book that is completely current and definitive. As in any other hobby or pursuit, there will always be areas of new inquiry and differing conclusions, but I think most will concur that Palmer's book is the best primer.

Back