Hello from Southern California

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evolcoms

Reaction score
Hello Guys and Gals my name is Sam and I recently started researching how to brew at home. I have always been interested in brewing since I was younger. I got the itch to start when my neighbor asked me to help him brew some beer with his Mr. Beer kit.

After reading a little and watching allot of videos, I thought the Mr. Beer kit is to basic and to easy for me. I want something with a few more steps. I myself love to work with my hands. I like to be able to take nothing and turn it into something and brewing fits. Although I do not drink ( I know, I know) I still find brewing very interesting. I currently do not have any gear or have any past experience in brewing, so any tips and guidance is greatly appreciated. :D

Although I do not drink ( I know, I know) I still find brewing very interesting.

Nothing wrong with that!!!

I drink very little, but like to brew. I know of another brewer who does not drink at all. Plus one other who only drinks enough to critique her own brews.

Welcome :mug:

Thanks Halbrust!

Ive told a few friends that I was thinking about brewing and they asked if I was atleast going to taste my beers. I will definitly taste them , but since I dont drink my opinions will come mostly from my family and friends. Lucky them!

Hey there! I am from Moreno Valley. You should check out the Ripperside Brewpunx Brewers Alliance on Facebook. They are from Riverside. Dont forget in Riverside there also is a AMAZING home brew store called Beer Beer and More Beer.

Hey there! I am from Moreno Valley. You should check out the Ripperside Brewpunx Brewers Alliance on Facebook. They are from Riverside. Dont forget in Riverside there also is a AMAZING home brew store called Beer Beer and More Beer.
B3 is awesome!!! I will be there 11/25 for a mead demo.

I got the $69 one, because I wanted to get started as cheaply as possible. But that's probably a better kit. I bought an auto-siphon and would like another fermenter like the kit has.

I really want to setup as cheap as possible as well, but I find I'm getting very eager to start brewing. Ive been reading allot and watching allot of videos regarding various subjects in regard to brewing and it makes me even more excited.

With that, I'm leaning to just buying a new kit. Ill prob get the one for 245. Comes with everything minus burner and propane.

The small kit is plenty to start with and get brewing. For the brew pot I went to home depot and got a $60 turkey fryer that worked great.

Bottleing bucket, ferment bucket and lid, airlock and stopper, hydrometer, bottle brush, capper, cleaner, book, and racking cane and tubing I think. Had to buy sanitizer, and have added a theif and auto siphon. I plan to buy another ferment bucket, lid, and airlock for having another batch going.

Back