100 Foods To Eat Before You Die

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4th place so far at #87...Also did this on facebook awhile back.

And I'm a professional chef so Yooper, Gila, Brad... you're good!!

I think my reason for having tried so many comes from a high school group of friends, we challenged each other to find weird and awesome stuff, and/or spicy stuff, often challenging chefs. is my affinity for that which led me to say "what haven't I tried yet?"

I want to get on America's next top chef or something. I'll have the booze beer and wine side of things covered, and being super tall and bi-polar they are sure to get some kind of outburst.

69 --good number, dinner for two already :)

The worst of them and something I really don't understand the love for was the durian, it smells like the gas stove has been left on and tastes a bit like sweet truffles....not in any way appealing to me.

Who made this list? I've had all but four of these: Bellini, Pavlova, Phall, and Som Tam.

Honestly, much of the stuff on this list is not that great. Here are some that I was particularly disappointed by:

Bird's Nest Soup (expensive and boring)
Curryworst (German food made even worse)
Chitlins (the worst part of the animal)
Eel (a crappy version of snake)
Snake (a crappy version of fish)
Foie Gras (most overrated food ever)
Hostess Fruit Pie (WTF?)

Back