time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
emjay said:
Belgian Wit

That's the one! A Hoegaarden clone that I made from a wheat beer kit with added orange zest and coriander seed.

Too easy, your turn.

I was just guessing from your profile list... I really don't know much about the styles outside of what I brew and drink. Bitters are foreign to me ;)

Um.... winner forfeits their turn if they don't post within 24hrs after their winning guess?

You guys keep catching me at work where I don't have any good pics.
photo_1_10.jpg

bonus points if you can tell me what is fermenting next to it.

The main one is a pale ale.

For bonus points, the photo-bombing beer is a blonde.

no one's got it yet. I forgot my hint too... It is much darker than what the picture looks like. No one's even close on the one next door.

You should let people guess again when you give a hint, so that nobody is at a disadvantage from guessing too soon :p in fact, I think it should be a rule! That's what I did when I went

Sure, anybody disagrees? Let's see two more people to make it a rule.

It also helps move the game along when pretty much everyone has guessed, instead of waiting until the next day (at the discretion of the person whose turn it is, of course).

I didn't really have ANY idea this would catch on like it has when I made the rules, so I'm ok with whatever. I'll change the OP with the updated rulez. Thanks, everyone, for making/keeping it fun.

BLAM. New rulez.

Rules:
One guess per person per day for each beer posted. New beer = new guess.
Poster must give one hint per day starting the day after the pics are posted.
Hints reset the clock, so if you post a guess and a new hint is given, you can guess again.
The winner wins and gets to post the new picture(s).
Picture content is of your choosing.
And the game goes on.

winner. also would have taken Cascadian dark ale or IBA.

That's apfelwein next door

ok. i could only find one beer photo on my pc, camera, and phone so here it goes.

It's a comercial beer brewed in michigan with an ugly lookin dude on the label.

4239-dsc00108.jpg

FromZwolle said:
ok. i could only find one beer photo on my pc, camera, and phone so here it goes.

It's a comercial beer brewed in michigan with an ugly lookin dude on the label.

Last I checked, we were supposed to be guessing at styles, not specific beers from specific breweries :p

Back