won a giftcard - have most of all my equipment, not sure what to buy...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rivenin

Reaction score
So a home brew company is coming over my house monday after next to interview me about my system and processes and such... they are handing over a nice sized gift card to a local brew shop after everything is said and done.
Now, i may just save it and use it for future brews. But i'm not sure if i'm going to be missing out on any equipment that i might be missing/wanting without realizing it, so i'm throwing this out to you guys.

Here is my current setup and equipment.

--- Brewing
Water Filter
2 electrical keggles and pid controlled tool box (have a brutus 20 setup and no room for another keggle or cooler, so i need to stick to a 2 vessel for now)
False bottoms for both
Chugger pump
Refractometer and hydrometer
Grain mill
Wort chiller (it's an immersion chiller, and want to stick with it... plates and CFCs make me nervous)
Numerous thermometers
OZ scale for hops and corn sugar
i do not buy my grain in bulk as i do not have room :) so no lb scale.

--- Fermentation
Temp controlled fermentation fridge
7 carboys (6 better bottles and 1 glass) with fermometers
Flask and stir plate

--- Serving
3 pinlock kegs with taps from a keezer
capper and numerous bottles

--- Stuff i'm debating
Corker and belgain bottles as i'm getting into more sours and brett aged beers
Something for my water chemistry (not sure how much in the way they have as i've never been to either shop they're offering the gift cards from)

Can't think of anything else that i might want while i have some "free" cash to spend at a brew store. Thats why i'm throwing this to you!

+1 on the beer gun, or backups of your critical equipment. Maybe another chiller or grain mill just in case?

Kegs are a good investment too. I have 8 and can only serve 3 at a time.

Buy a storage shed then use the gift card to fill up the space you cleared out with bulk grains. I love having plenty of grain on hand so that I can whip up a recipe and brew on a whim.

How can you have room for all that equipment and not have room for at least a 50 lb. sack of base malt? It takes up the space of two five gallon buckets stacked one on top of the other. I hope you at least take advantage of the ability to buy a "virtual" sack so you get the bulk pricing.

Is the interview for marketing purposes or for a publication? Either way, good for you!

Mill, ingredients, or maybe a barrel if you're looking into brett aged beers (if they sell barrels!)

Beer gun or counter pressure filler is a good idea too. Another keg never hurts, and re-upping on all of your PBW / StarSan etc. is never a bad idea! Let us know what you end up with though, and congrats on getting that opportunity!

Back