2ndary still bubbling...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhatsOnTap

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just checked my secondaries and one of them is still bubbling, albeit very slowly. The primary was done at 68 F for 7 days and it was only bubbling once every 2-3 min so I siphoned to secondary. The room they're in now is at 60 F. Sould I move them to a warmer room since they're fermenting or just leave them at 60 for 10-14 days? Also, I dry hopped one of them with EKG pellet and there's a brownish-tan scum on top now, that's normal, right? Thanks for the input! :)

You might want to warm it up a little bit, but you don't necessarily HAVE to. It might speed things up a tad.

As for the scum... no worries. It is likely just resin from the hops. If it starts growing hair or climbing up the side of the carboy, then you might want to consider some other options.

-walker

i would just leave it for a few weeks...after bottling you might want to keep the bottles at 68 for a week or so...

Cool, I've got 2 vents closed off in the room, I'll just open one to warm it up a tad. As for the crawlies, I would just have to drink it up b4 it got any worse! I could plug 911 into the cell phone so I could push SND if things got ugly...

I could plug 911 into the cell phone so I could push SND if things got ugly...

well . . . I will say I have never gone on a bad beer 911 call
I can also guarentee you'll have ZERO homebrew left if ya do that in my response area :cross:

Back