Temp Controller Display Setting Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tshinefield

Reaction score
I ordered the temp controller below off of eBay. It appears to be a copy of a stc 1000 I believe. I liked the fact it reportedly read in F and not C like many others eBay controllers. (The single stage does not bother me since I will not be heating and only cooling.) My issue and question is does anyone else have this controller and can you adjust the display to show 2 digits the same size? The picture below show the unit reading 48 degrees F which is correct but as you can see the number 8 is smaller than the number 4, like it should be a decimal point and not the primary number.

As expected the minimal included instructions are broken English and say nothing about the display. That may be why the eBay add does not show the unit with the display on.

image-2977675914.jpg

image-420697213.jpg

That's one of the trade-offs with the single stage, farenheit, controllers. Given that it is spec'd for controlling up to 194degF with 1deg resolution, it needs three digits. The STC1000 reads in celcius and is spec'd up to 99degC with 0.1deg resolution, and it also needs three digits. It appears that most of the single stage controllers use the same front panel led module as the STC1000 like this CH54
7932-7038.jpg
7930-7036.jpg

However, there are singles stages out there with full size digits like this
64084d1339118803-ebay-aquarium-temp-controller-build-image-2478909146.jpg

Notice that the labeling on the bezels is different. This might be an indicator.

Thanks for the helpful information and pics. So far this unit is working fine and keeping the beer cold... That's what really matters, even with a odd display.

Back