My brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

More Beer

Reaction score
Here's a few photo's of my system. I've had it running for 3 years now and really enjoy cranking out 12 gal batches. I'm planning a batch for this weekend. I brewed a porter last weekend and the prior weekend a hoppy pale ale.
homestuff2076.jpg
homestuff2073.jpg
homestuff2075.jpg
homestuff2074.jpg

Dear God! Is keeping all of that clean and running a PITA? I am in awe of ever having that much gear, but I maight make the leap if it didn't look so intimidating.

(Your ribbon is shut in your door)

Ye gods man! The time for cleaning and sanitizing alone. It looks nice but I am not ready to jump into AG yet....

A buddy and myself put this system together. He's a great welder and love's this stuff. He built the oxygen set up. As far as operation and sanitation, it practically does the work itself.
I use a good caustic cleaner followed by a acid rinse. Everything after the boil kettle is a clean in place. Before I run off, I'll recirculate for 15 minutes using 180 degree water. Very simple.

I do not think I have ever seen a march pump inverted like that. Do you ever have an issue getting it to prime?

As long as you don't have any air in the inlet hose it works flawlessly. If there is air present, I'll undo the inlet , let a couple of ounces of water through , then reattach. Another trick is too just lower the outlet line after the oxygen system and it primes with no problems.

One word:

Site Glass. Sweet.

Are you or is the person that built this system a professional brewer? The system smacks of it.

Anyway, nice job. Makes me want to go forward with my plans...

Cheers!

:mug:

Hey More!
Beautiful rig!You gotta post a photo of that on the "Show us your brew sculpture/brew rig" thread,it's as nice as any.
Cheers:mug:

Spyk'd said:
One word:

Site Glass. Sweet.

Are you or is the person that built this system a professional brewer? The system smacks of it.

Anyway, nice job. Makes me want to go forward with my plans...

Cheers!

:mug:
It was a co effert between me and a good buddy. He lives and dies for brewing and is constantly tweaking his system. If you guy's like this system, you should see his :rockin: I swear you'd need a operation manual for it. He's built a few very nice systems.

More Beer said:
A buddy and myself put this system together. He's a great welder and love's this stuff. He built the oxygen set up.

Please ask him if he could provide any more information (part list, etc) on the oxygen setup - I'd really like to build something inline like that...

Latest posts

Back