Group Buy in Chicago #6

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do we set the cutoff for this current buy?

• Close it on Monday, October 8, 2012 11:59 PM

• Close it when we reach 164 sacks?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is kind of irksome is the fact that I no longer have credit there. If I did we would have the grain already. Oh well..

Bill, do you have any ball lock kegs for sale?

Unfortunately, I do not. My source only has 10 available but picking up that small quantity is not worth it given the distance I need to drive to get them. I can get a bunch of pin locks but I cannot sell them at anything cheaper than $40 each. Ball lock corny kegs are starting to become scarce. Eventually, people will start absorbing pin locks until those become scarce too.

What is kind of irksome is the fact that I no longer have credit there. If I did we would have the grain already. Oh well..

Below is why I no longer have NET 7 Days terms:

Because you have a daily limit on your card, we are not able to automatically charge your card, therefore you can't be set up for Net 7.

Funny thing is that I have been using the same check card all this time. I'm not going to force it. I'm just glad I still have an account there.

Below is why I no longer have NET 7 Days terms:

Because you have a daily limit on your card, we are not able to automatically charge your card, therefore you can't be set up for Net 7.

Funny thing is that I have been using the same check card all this time. I'm not going to force it. I'm just glad I still have an account there.
So next weekend, then? I'll be in Denver so I'll have to see if someone can pickup for me.

ok. my bank pushed the transaction through this afternoon but unfortunately it was too late for delivery. I am aiming for Monday delivery. Next Wednesday and Thursday I will not be able to have people come over since machinery movers will be moving equipment out and we can't get in their way. I will have a better sense of my schedule by Monday. I was really hoping to have grain this weekend but it wasn't meant to be. Will most people be stopping by during the weekend? Discuss.

You should bank with Chase, you wouldn't have this issue! :)

no, but I'd be paying up the wazoo in monthly fees.

Boring anecdote:

My buddy owns a meat distribution company down on Fulton Market St in the city. He was with Chase for many years, started with them when they were some bank that was bought out by First Chicago that was bought out by Bank One that was bought out by Chase. Many of his customers are small restaurants that pay him in cash. He was making regular cash deposits on a daily basis. Chase sent him letters saying that his cash deposits were raising flags within their system (money laundering flags?) and he should basically stop making so many cash deposits. Last week they closed his account and line of credit on him without giving him the allotted amount of time they said they would. He had outstanding checks issued to his vendors. Luckily, he called them in time to inform them of what was going on. In the mean time, all of the check deposits that he had placed were frozen until they had cleared. Basically he had no money available for a few days. Talk about disrupting a business' cash flow. Chase was not sympathetic at all. My friend was very p!ssed. he says on top of all the business he gave them they still charged him about $400 in monthly fees.

Chase Bank sucks.

bmason1623 said:
ok. my bank pushed the transaction through this afternoon but unfortunately it was too late for delivery. I am aiming for Monday delivery. Next Wednesday and Thursday I will not be able to have people come over since machinery movers will be moving equipment out and we can't get in their way. I will have a better sense of my schedule by Monday. I was really hoping to have grain this weekend but it wasn't meant to be. Will most people be stopping by during the weekend? Discuss.

I will come down on whatever day the grain is delivered, and you are OK with it, I have a bunch of splits and am picking up 2 other guys, I think a total of 17 sacks out of your way. And delivering some beer for four guys. Also, i can make a trip down just to drop beer off, but I'm assuming that's not very convenient for everyone.

I will come down on whatever day the grain is delivered, and you are OK with it, I have a bunch of splits and am picking up 2 other guys, I think a total of 17 sacks out of your way. And delivering some beer for our guys. Also, i can make a trip down just to drop beer off, but I'm assuming that's not very convenient for everyone.

I will be ok with it!

Yep next weekend for me, I am in DC this week.. Thanks Bill!

I don't know how your credit rating is, but you should get a card like a United or Marriott card if they will accept that. I for one am quite happy you getting miles for all the work you put in!!

Frank here are two of your three, no one working tonight that we knew so i'll run by there for lunch tomorrow and grab another.

ForumRunner_20121026_185012.jpg

cyclogenesis said:
Yep next weekend for me, I am in DC this week.. Thanks Bill!

I don't know how your credit rating is, but you should get a card like a United or Marriott card if they will accept that. I for one am quite happy you getting miles for all the work you put in!!

My credit is fine with others. I have a gold amex card with no limit but it's for the business. I should look into the amex card through Costco. It pays cash back on most transactions.

My credit is fine with others. I have a gold amex card with no limit but it's for the business. I should look into the amex card through Costco. It pays cash back on most transactions.

You all may have different experiences with creit than I do, but I always hoped and assumed that you were working with a credit card that was giving you some points or cash back. It seems a shame to not take advantage of that opportunity, and credit cards with high limits seem to be a dime a dozen. Get that reward you deserve Bill!

ThirstT said:
You all may have different experiences with creit than I do, but I always hoped and assumed that you were working with a credit card that was giving you some points or cash back. It seems a shame to not take advantage of that opportunity, and credit cards with high limits seem to be a dime a dozen. Get that reward you deserve Bill!

I couldn't agree more!

I can grab my sack whenever but I have to figure out when and where to get my splits too.

I can grab my sack whenever but I have to figure out when and where to get my splits too.

I'll just bag, tag, and leave my splits at bills place. No sense in people driving across the state for grain that was already at Bills.

As for hops - The neighbors loaned me a vacuum sealer so the my box of magnum will be parceled up into sealed 1lb bags and labeled. Its not a mylar bag but better than nothing for a few days.

Bill is Monday a likely delivery? Whichever day it is, I'll need to drive to work instead of metra.

starman said:
I'll just bag, tag, and leave my splits at bills place. No sense in people driving across the state for grain that was already at Bills.

As for hops - The neighbors loaned me a vacuum sealer so the my box of magnum will be parceled up into sealed 1lb bags and labeled. Its not a mylar bag but better than nothing for a few days.

Bill is Monday a likely delivery? Whichever day it is, I'll need to drive to work instead of metra.

That sounds good. I want to get mine soon so that bill isn't stuck with it.

bmason1623 said:
The grain will be delivered on Tuesday.

Knowing you have a business to run, what time in the afternoon do you start powering down and is best for you . I will come Tuesday afternoon/evening so I get everyone's beer there in front of their pickups, and get a half skid out of the way.

Frank still working on that last one, line was 50 deep earlier.

Knowing you have a business to run, what time in the afternoon do you start powering down and is best for you . I will come Tuesday afternoon/evening so I get everyone's beer there in front of their pickups, and get a half skid out of the way.

after 4 should be fine.

Neopol said:

Dont sweat it, if you cant get another, its seriously no worries, no need going crazy for a third....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back