beersmith timer setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allclene

Beer, What a beautiful thing
Reaction score
Ok. So you put a new recipe in beersmith. Now how do you set up the timer in your new recipe?

I used the timer on a recipe that was in beersmiths database and it had a timer for each step in recipe including hop addi.g ect. Now the question is how u setup the thing for ur new recipe u put in

Enter your recipe as you normally would. Be sure to indicate the times for all of the hop additions, and any other additions, such as adding Irish Moss. You should also indicate how long you are mashing for if you are doing all grain. All of the values that you enter are automatically carried over to the timer.
On brew day, all you need to do is to open your recipe, go the timer tab, and press the start button when you mash in. You will also need to press te start button again when you begin your boil. It is pretty easy to use.
ihop that this helps. Mark

Thanks i went into it last night and realized that it adds it automaticly if you put the step time in the add ingredient part. I wasnt doing that. So i went through my recipes and edited the ingredients so it stuck them in the timer correctly.

Ok i might be a little dumb when it comes to beersmith but i have to ask this question. How do you get what is in your shopping cart to your inventory after you buy it? or is it even a good idea to begin with. Ive noticed i can add things one at a time as i please and it will take them off inventory when i do a recipe, but if i make a shopping list from a recipe and buy it, i dont see a way to send the contents of the cart to your inventory. I think that would be a more efficeint way of keeping track of your inventory. Then you can brew the beer and it should take it off your enventory. Any comments about that?

Ok i might be a little dumb when it comes to beersmith but i have to ask this question. How do you get what is in your shopping cart to your inventory after you buy it? or is it even a good idea to begin with. Ive noticed i can add things one at a time as i please and it will take them off inventory when i do a recipe, but if i make a shopping list from a recipe and buy it, i dont see a way to send the contents of the cart to your inventory. I think that would be a more efficeint way of keeping track of your inventory. Then you can brew the beer and it should take it off your enventory. Any comments about that?

I understand what it is that you want to do, but I am not sure that is how the shopping cart works. If I recall correctly, the shopping cart is a way to take what you have in your recipe, and put together a shopping list so that you can go to the LHBS and buy the ingredients. If all you had in the cart came from the recipes, you would put them into your inventory and remove them right away for the recipe that you are brewing. I think that you are stuck with manually entering additional ingredients into inventory -- and not adding them from the shopping cart. I might be wrong, but that is how I think that it works.

Mark

I think your right it just might be less complicated that way but then your constantly checking your inventory to beersmith to make sure it accurate.

COLObrewer said:
I dont see a timer anywhere, maybe i need to upgrade, I have version 1_40

You need to upgrade it is now 2.x something, just go to the website and get it, free!

day_trippr said:
Brad's definitely going to be surprised about your very kind offer!

Cheers! ;)

If you already own beersmith then all updates are free, that's my understanding and since I've owned it I've gotten all updates/upgrades

Cheers!

If you already own beersmith then all updates are free, that's my understanding and since I've owned it I've gotten all updates/upgrades

Cheers!

I'm pretty sure the upgrade to 2.0 was a paid upgrade from 1.x ... could be wrong though

I know I got 2 for free when I paid for 1 but that was a special offer which may have been for people who had it long enough. Not long after there were rates for buying both licenses or just 2.x

Erroneous said:
I know I got 2 for free when I paid for 1 but that was a special offer which may have been for people who had it long enough. Not long after there were rates for buying both licenses or just 2.x

I started with 1x and then got a email about upgrading to 2x and the download link with no fee and since then I have received the next 2x.x as well so as I see it the upgrades as an owner of the software are no charge which iMO is the way it should be!

duboman said:
I started with 1x and then got a email about upgrading to 2x and the download link with no fee and since then I have received the next 2x.x as well so as I see it the upgrades as an owner of the software are no charge which iMO is the way it should be!

Try telling that to most major software producers. Bug fixes and minor tweaks are free but large overhauling updates you either charge in full of with an upgrade price. Not saying I agree with that model but there's a reason it works.

Erroneous said:
Try telling that to most major software producers. Bug fixes and minor tweaks are free but large overhauling updates you either charge in full of with an upgrade price. Not saying I agree with that model but there's a reason it works.

Ya I get that:)

Latest posts

Back