Flies like hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkiSoloII

Splitting the beer atom since 1996
Reaction score
I haven't searched, but....

Has anyone noticed a plethora of flies on their hop plants? I've got more flies on my hops than on my dog's refuse. this is my first year, and didn't expect this.

anyone?

Aurora IL here. I have more flies on my hops than Japanese Beetle (so far).

I have no idea if they are hurting my hops, or just hanging out.

If wiser hop grower could chime in, it would be appreciated.

Flies are the one thing I haven't seen on my hops. Right now, they are all on the dead possum down the hill.

Those fly traps at Menards really do work! It's like a quart container, some powdered attractant you mix with water, and your basic spout where they can get in but can't fly out. Totally worth the six bux. I dumped out HUNDREDS of them the other day and buried them. (major STANK)

Those fly traps at Menards really do work! It's like a quart container, some powdered attractant you mix with water, and your basic spout where they can get in but can't fly out. Totally worth the six bux. I dumped out HUNDREDS of them the other day and buried them. (major STANK)

That's the kind of no-brainer I would never think of. Tomorrow, the weekly trip to Menards!

Latest posts

Back