New 10 gallon Rubbermaid/Gott $57.95 shipped

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have an Ace Hardware near you, you can always get them for $50 flat, with free ship to store.

If you're absolutely convinced you have to have a Gott and nothing else will work, then it's an OK deal.

One more opportunity for me to pimp the 50qt Igloo Ice Cube at Target. It's not round and you have to drill a hole in it, but other than that it does a great job and costs less than $20.

You can also go to Wallyworld and pick up a 60qt Ice Cube cooler w/ wheels for about 30 bux. The 48qt version can probably be had for 15-20 bux.

I bought the same cooler, except stamped "Home Depot" instead of "Gott" for $37.96 + tax at our local HD a week ago. While I don't particularly care for "logo" merchandise, this is -pretty much- the only 10 gal cylindrical cooler I could find in town, apart from the Igloo, which was $70 at the only place I could find it. The cooler is well injected with insulation, which is more than I can say for a lot of the cheaper rectangle / cube coolers out there, which are little more than a shell and a liner, and hollow in between. I know that some people have injected their own insulation into these, but why get into that....
I bought the conversion parts from Bargain Fittings, and everything went right into place, and no leaks.

I cover my crappy 48 qt. w/ a blanket. holds a constant temp pretty well. I got my cooler from Wally for around $18.

The round Gott is the way to go if you don't want to mess around :)

I also just got 10g rubbermaid from HD. They have them in stock with the price dropped to $37.96. Not much of a price drop condisering the regular price was 39.96. As stated in that 80's movie "I still want my two dollars!"

The Coleman Extreme rectangular coolers are another good option for mash tuns. I have a round Rubbermaid as well, but is is easier to stir the mash in my Coleman. They have a drain channel and the Kewler Kitz fit just right.

grab a 10 percent off lowes coupon from the movers packet at the post office for some additional dollars off (if convenient). Home depot takes their coupons.

Has anyone had any problems with cracking in the rubbermaid 10g coolers? I've heard of some people having problems with them.

Has anyone had any problems with cracking in the rubbermaid 10g coolers? I've heard of some people having problems with them.

I have mashed about 30 batches in my round Rubbermaid. It warped in two areas the first time I used it. No further warping noted, so I will keep using it until it gives me some reason not to.

After about 12 batches, my 10-gallon Rubbermaid shows bulges in two places-- the area near where the cup-holder bracket is located, and the same general area on the other side (i.e., mirror-imaged around the location of the valve). I'm not concerned... yet. If it goes bad, it will be quite easy and relatively cheap to hit Home Dump and pick up a new one.

Back