All Grain Setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alaska_ROB

Reaction score
Hello to you all,

How is everything going? Hopefully brewing smoothly. Anyways, I'm New to this forum and All grain Brewing and I would like to know everyone's opinion on what is a good setup for All Grain Brewing? I have been soaking in alot of info and reading a few books lately. And I'm kind of at that point where, you know back in school when you study for a test and you have studied so much that your brain is racked and brewing. And no matter how you shake it you feel worst off then you were in the first place. That is how i feel. So if you guys could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Basically looking for a great kit or homemade put together kit that is great for all grain brewing. I have a $200 limit right now but we all know that goes. " OOO Shiny thing, its only a few extra bucks...***slashes credit car***, Oh honey I got that discounted, don't worry it will pay for itself." Yeah she say $200, I say there is interpretation for leeway, prolly an extra $100. LOL. So yeah, You guys can email me if you would like or just PM. Again I greatly appreciate it and won't think twice about sending you some of the brews of my labor.

Brew on,
Rob

"Brewing beer, turning wrenches and Being U/W... That's the life!"
USCG

Welcome aboard. Look around here and you can see that you can go all grain really cheap. Particularly if you can scrounge good. In reality you just need a cooler, a few pieces of hardware for a valve and strainer, a pot (A beer keg is great if you can get one legal) and burner and you are set.

I started with a rectangular cooler with a toilet supply line braid for a false bottom. I then went to the 10 gallon round coolers with a B3 false bottom and now I am sitting here waiting for my Sabco system to get here.

IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

Sabco.jpg

Denny goes over it well here, dennybrew.

For $200 you probably could make a MLT, get a turkey fryer, use it's pot for a HLT and get a brew kettle. Thats about all I have. Fancy valves and thermometers might put you over. Almost forgot you need to make or buy a wort chiller and they are getting expensive.

Just wanted to welcome you to HBT Rob. I spent a couple years on the Kenai Peninsula and still have family in the area. Homer is a great town.

Back