Trub Tripel chug, chug, chug. still going

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glibbidy

Reaction score
I brewed a tripel on 042708. It started at 1.080. On 050308 it was 1.030. On 051008 it was 1.020. Seem like this is a beer that will keep on giving back.
How low should I let it go?
I'm thinking 1.012
Why yes, it's taking it's good old time.:cool:

what do you mean let it go? its gonna do its own thing until its done unless you add something to stop fermentation or cool it down. why not just let it run its course?

Was your yeast up to the task? Did you pitch enough to start with? Is it at the right temperature?

Big beer takes longer if you do do everything right but even longer if you don't. Let it go on and finish.

I top cropped an adequate amount of WLP 550 off of a Belgian Strong Golden Ale that was in primary fermentation. Pitched it on the cool side at 64f and let it do it's thing. It's stabilized at 68f since 050308.

I was originally going to crash cool it when it got to 1.012. I suppose I should ride it out in the secondary for 6-8 more weeks and squeeze every last bit out of this fermentation, before I crash cool it. thanks for the reminder that the yeast is going to take it's good old time, and it'll be done when it's done.

Back