Hello Fellow Washingtonians!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got over to this part of the board - new brewer in Kenmore area. Just starting to get into kegging and want to make the move to all grain.

Beer_is_good_for_you said:
I'm in CA now, but from Bainbridge Is and gearing up to move back up to Bothell in a couple months. :ban:

Welcome back.. I lived in the Bothell/Mill Creek area several years ago. It has become very populated up there in the last 10 years. Due to aging parents, I'm now living down in Auburn. Give a shout out when you get settled.

ulster said:
Finally got over to this part of the board - new brewer in Kenmore area. Just starting to get into kegging and want to make the move to all grain.

Welcome to brewing. I stood at the threshold of all grain brewing just like you are about 20 years ago. It's been a fun and at times frustrating journey. There is a lot of experience and advise to be taken from this board. Shout out if you need some help.

Checking in from Tacoma. Been brewing for three or four years now. Start right out of the gate with all grain and now I'm in the middle of a all electric build.
Nice to find this part of the forum. I must venture out from the DIY and electric brew forums more often.

Where is the new store in Tacoma? I frequent The Beer Essentials near McCord, but is there another one?

MASH
2714 N. 21st Street
Tacoma

Went in there yesterday the guy that runs it is super helpful but his equipment selection is very limited. I work on McChord but I think I will go out of my way to go to MASH VS Beer Essentials.

MASH
2714 N. 21st Street
Tacoma

Went in there yesterday the guy that runs it is super helpful but his equipment selection is very limited. I work on McChord but I think I will go out of my way to go to MASH VS Beer Essentials.

I have been into Mash several times. As you say, not a lot of selection. His prices are a little higher than some others, but he is a very helpful and convenient. He also does classes. I think he only charges $10-20. Haven't attended any, but I imagine Jason is a good instructor.

MASH
2714 N. 21st Street
Tacoma

Are you in the HoPS Club?

Hello fellow local brewers!!

Anyone know a good place to search for homebrew stuff for sale besides craigslist?

Thanks
Sheahan

Hey everybody!

Just got to the area about a week ago from the east coast and already have three batches in primary. Ha, my homebrew stuff was the first to be unpacked.

I did get a chance to check out the local shops and from the looks of things, a lot of my hops and some of the specialty grains I use will be coming from the interweb. Everybody seems super nice here and helpful though.

Looking forward to getting in on some of the home brew clubs, HoPS was recommended by a few. Anyways, it's great to be here and I look forward to meeting and brewing with some of you!

Cheers!

..........oh yeah, and they have Pliny here :)

Welcome to Washington.. What part of town have settled in at? Are you an all grain or extract brewer? What HB shops have you checked out? Larrys in Kent does national homebrew day, first Saturday of May every year... BIG fun. All the faithful drag their equipment down to the warehouse in the back and make a day of it... I've seen as many as 24 setups and as few as 12. In any case it's a lot of fun. Food for thought.

MrBrewEsq said:
Welcome to Washington.. What part of town have settled in at? Are you an all grain or extract brewer? What HB shops have you checked out? Larrys in Kent does national homebrew day, first Saturday of May every year... BIG fun. All the faithful drag their equipment down to the warehouse in the back and make a day of it... I've seen as many as 24 setups and as few as 12. In any case it's a lot of fun. Food for thought.

I'm in Puyallup. I brew all grain but may do an extract batch from time to time out of convenience. Beer Essentials is probably closest to me. I have been up to Larry's and definitely will check out the brew session in May. Thanks for the heads up!

I just attended my first HoPS (homebrewers club in Spanaway). I enjoyed the meeting. Good group of people. Lots of good brews to sample.

It sounds like they will probably start meeting in Tacoma at Mash. This will allow them to brew at the club location.

I'm new, almost. I don't actually have a complete setup yet (and probably won't until I get a new job). In the mean time, I've been doing a lot of reading here, other websites, and some books that I've checked out from the library and bought from Value Village. As soon as I get that job and get the rest of the equipment I need, I'll definitely be looking to network and meet some people local to north Seattle to brew with and learn from.

Hello from Gig Harbor, WA. I just found this site, and this is my first post! I am an extract brewer, but I have the all grain equipment in the mail!

:mug:

JLP said:
Hello from Gig Harbor, WA. I just found this site, and this is my first post! I am an extract brewer, but I have the all grain equipment in the mail!

:mug:

Welcome to the obsession! Pretty soon you will be looking to build a RIMS and it just goes on from there! Cheers

Greetings from north Everett! (very) new to brewing but having a ton of fun already. Been digesting as much HBT and brewtube videos while doing my first couple of extract batches recently and working on gathering some more equipment and getting a ferm chamber set up right now

Welcome thadass to the craft!! I work in north Everett. Live in stanwood. There's a couple great clubs in Everett. BREW and GEBL. I would recommend you get plugged into a club. It's excellent for making friends, gathering knowledge and feedback. I belong to a club in Arlington that meets at DownHome brew supply in town. Great bunch of brewers. PM me if you have any other questions
SW

Hello all. Still building my Beer set up but have made about 15 gallons of various other things. Meads and wine (apple and blackberry). Looking into finding some new friends that dont mind teaching an army medic a new hobby. I live in Kent but work down at Fort Lewis, so travel isn't a big deal.

I'm in Kent as well. New to the forum but have been brewing extracts for almost a year and moving to AG now. I'm completely and utterly hooked! Built a ferm chamber after the first couple batches and have just started kegging.

tankcrash- I'm in East Hill. PM me and join us for a brew day.

Howdy folks, just started homebrewing here in Pullman. A long way from civilization requires lots of brew!

Back