So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wife is on vacation and I can't brew for another month so this weekend is keg up the pale ale that is good to go. Saturday is 6 gallons of an india red ale and 6 gallons of a barleywine. Sunday is going to be my first decoction mash to make 6 gallons of a bo pils.

Brewing up an all cascade APA and a 3 gallon batch of Edwort's Apfelwein this weekend.

Just finished cleaning up from brewing the Epiphany Tripel recipe that was in brewing like a monk. Smelled awesome going into the fermenter. Im going to try to wait until new years eve to crack this one open. It should end up at about 9% abv, so it probably will benefit from some aging.

I brewed 10 gallons of roggenbier Friday night and racked 10 gallons of brett blonde back into 2 buckets-1 with 9 pounds of crabapples, the other with 12 pounds of cherries. I'll let them sit a month or so and then rack to carboys or maybe straight to kegs.

I just brewed my first batch of Carbou Slobber All grain kit yesterday. I can't believe fermentation kicked off with bubbles out the airlock in 2 hours after pitching and it is going like a jet engine today! You can actually feel the breeze from the CO2 blowing out the airlock 3" above. Here is a link to my video I posted on YouTube. I can't wait to try this recipe.

Last edited by a moderator:
shadows69 said:
Brewed ED warts Bee cave, second batch.........this is good stuff. :rockin:

Which recipe? My buddy brewed his IPA and I really liked it. I am just beginning to like the hoppier styles as I am normally more to the malty side of the spectrum. I am going to brew it next month, but will dial back the IBU's into the 50 range.

Brewed up 5 gallons of a Black IPA from a recipe out of Zymurgy last year. Pitched an hour ago and bubbling away happy.

Brewing a Spotted Cow clone whilst making spent grain dog treats and sunday dinner simultaneously.

If I were wearing nothing but a thong I'd be the perfect woman... :)

image-3648488340.jpg

Belgian Pale Ale

Racked my IPA (blind pig clone) to secondary, dry-hopped, and added oak chips. It already tastes great!

Anybody have good ideas for some beers using wlp051 Cali V liquid yeast i started off with a mildish amber and just racked dryhopped it with citra so i could harves/wash this for my next batches.

Just got done with biermunchers cent blonde. Went smooth but my yeast isn't looking to happy. Pitched out anyway...we will see. May have to run by the lhbs tomorrow for some more.

Completed my first ever two brew weekend. Saturday was a all-grain belgain tripel, and sunday I did a Partial scottish 70.

Starting to slide down the slippery slope and will be brewing my fourth batch, the Dead Ringer IPA extract with specialty grains from Northern Brewery.

Brewing up a vanilla beaned RIS, an oberon clone, and a pale ale this weekend. First big all day brew day. Pretty stoked.

Re-brewing an old but delicious Amarillo Amber recipe of mine.

Mashed at 154F:

4.5 lbs 2-Row
5.5 lbs Vienna
1 lbs C-20
0.5 lbs C-60

0.2 oz Centennial @60
1 oz Amarillo @30
1 oz Amarillo @15
1 oz Amarillo @1

Wyeast 1272

Double IPA w/ Warrior, Simcoe, Amarillo & some local honey @ flameout + a Biere de Mars that will get split, half fermented with WLP510, half with WLP670

Back