Haze from dry hopping?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justins2582

Reaction score
I brewed up a Rye Pale Ale and dry hopped with 1.0 oz Amarillo. I fermented in primary for 4 weeks and added the dry hops to primary for 10 days, then bottled. I've done a few all-grain batches and they've all come out clear. I used Irish moss with this one and everything. I'm drinking one now and damn does it look like a friekin' hefe. Is this haze from the dry hopping? Is it cause I used pellets? What can I do in the future to prevent this?

Just dry hopped my Rye PA last night....curious what could have happened to your beer, so, subscribed!

How long did you chill your beer before you opened the bottle?

+1 to pjj2ba

Also, rye in general can cause haze depending on how much you use. Keep this in mind.

Thanks. I've never used it but have heard of using gelatin? Is this something that can clear it before bottling?

To answer SeaBass' question, it had only been 24 hrs. Thinking some may drop out the longer I chill. Def let me know how your Rye comes out.

I dry hopped my pale ale with 1oz of Willamette for the 4th week in primary. It was a lil hazier than last time with the dry hop,imo. More than just the slight haze it has when I prime & bottle. Just a little more. Being an amber colored ale,I was going to let it mature for 4 weeks,rather than the usual 3.
But,since dry hop aroma/flavor is said to fade with time,maybe I should age it for only 3 weeks,with 5 more days in the fridge.? This was my 1st time dry hopping as well. So,it may well be that the usual green beer haze will clear as usual in the 3 weeks I did last time. Maybe just a slight hop haze will remain after 3 weeks/5days cold? Sounds logical,anyway.:mug:

Back