Lemon Verbena

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aubie Stout

Reaction score
Has anyone used this in their brewing experience? I have a couple of plants and have made some tea using the leaves. The lemon aroma from them is incredible.

Thanks,

Made this today:

6.0 lbs Two Row
2.0 lbs Flaked Rice
1.0 lbs Vienna

1.0 oz Sterling @ 60 mins

1.0 oz Ginger Root @ 30
1.0 oz Ginger Root @ 5
1.0 oz Lemon Peel @ 5
1/2 cup Fresh Lemon Verbena Leaves @ 0

Mashed @ 152. OG: 1.043. Pitched a starter of WLP060 on it at 70 degrees.

All the flavors were very subtle going into the primary. I'm hoping a little fermentation will accent the ginger and lemon. Will advise.

Hey sorry to revive this year old thread, but how did this turn out? I'm thinking of working on a saison with some fresh lemon verbena. What was the flavor/aroma like? Would you increase, decrease, or keep the amount the same? Thanks!

1/2 cup of fresh leaves was underpowering. I would definitely try a whole cup next time. Unfortunately, very little of the aroma came through (maybe drop hop with them, but was scared to infect). The flavor was good, not as crisp as lemon peel and not as herbal as lemongrass. Definitely an underused adjunct!

I want a fairly subtle presence, so if you were able to sense the aroma and flavor, then I think that may be a good amount for me to start with. Thanks for the info! I'm not sure when I'm going to get at this, but I'll let you know how it turns out when I get to it. Thanks again

Back