My order from Brewmaster's Warehouse...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gremlyn

Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know to beware when buying from Brewmaster's Warehouse. I recently ordered my grain from them for my Shiver-Me-Bitters memorial brew. Upon receiving the grain, I noticed something was different about it and after having brewed the beer, it's all clear to me now. The grain crush was amazing! I planned on 70% efficiency, and ended up with 77%! Ed, what's up with that man? Screwing up my recipes :p

So everyone beware! When ordering from Brewmaster's Warehouse you may get better than expected efficiency!

All kidding aside, I could definitely notice the difference in the crush of the grain over what I get at my LHBS (in that BMW crush is superior). Thanks Ed, that's my first underestimation of efficiency :D I will definitely be coming back to your webstore.

While I love Ed's crush, what I really love is the heavy duty bags he puts the grain in. It is nice to not have my grain in a bag so thin it gets a tear from simply looking at it.

+1,000,000 I did 2 batches this weekend, one from Ed one from another supplier. I get my order a day faster from Ed, and the crush was AMAZING. I used 5.2 for the first time with this batch and had planned on 5 gallons at 75% eff. I ended up getting 6 gallons at 78% from the same grain bill!! The other batch I used 5.2 again and ended up below 60% on eff. BMS gets all my grain business from here on out (until I can afford my own mill:D)

Simply said, ED ROCKS!! THANKS BREWMASTERS WAREHOUSE!!!!!

I can't say enough about BMW! I was a loyal customer of another popular HBS (online), and after one too many botched orders *AND* when I switched to AG, I also switched to BMW. Best HBS out there.

I made Lil' Sparky's nut brown ale for the second time yesterday. My gravity readings were much higher (pre-boil, post boil) than the first time, and I had to make an extra hop addition during the boil to keep the IBU's in line with my calculated post boil gravity. I was wondering what was up and reviewed my notes from the previous time I brewed this. Then it struck me - I bought and crushed the grains from one of the LHBS near me for the first brew and bought from BMW for the second. My efficiency the first time was 68%. Yesterday it was 84% :ban:! Holy better crush, Brewman :mug:! Then I looked at my notes from my other AG brews and I was getting around 70%. With the BMW brews I am in the low 80%'s on average. Great job, Ed. I am one happy customer :fro:.

+1

Although, funny enough, I tried to stop by when visiting my parents in Atlanta and apparently they aren't even legally allowed to ship in GA.

Just got my next three 5gal batches last week from Brewmaster's...I think I have found my supplier!!!

Entered Yuri's pumpkin ale into the BrewBuilder (but it still comes up as Anonymous spice, herb, veg) added 1 lb of 6-row, then added it to the cart with two Haus Pales and miscellaneous other things. ~$25 cheaper than any other online vendor, ~$100 cheaper than the LHBS (+45min one-way)....and I got it all in four days.

Just pitched into the pumpkin (planning it for T-day not Halloween) day went really smooth but slower than usual....rice hulls saved the day on this one!

Thanks Ed, you made my week!!!!

I just met Ed this weekend and he is truly a stand up guy. By the way Ed, The new cooling setup worked awesome. Wort went from a boil to 58 in 17 minutes!!! Thanks for the pointers.

I made the switch recently. LHBS is not so local and closed 3.5 days a week. I have to plan my trips a week in advance. BrewMasters has my order on the step by the second day or faster. My latest beer came from BM's recipe collection and I even had them crush the grain… It is almost too easy.

I recently switch to BMW as well... loved my first experience ordering from them. It was also nice for the package to reach me one day after shipping :) keeps my yeasties nice and healthy. great pricing and great flat rate shipping pricing.

I actually had to make MORE beer than I intended to, it's outrageous!

Now you have me regretting leaving at 6pm! Dang niece and nephew had to taken care of, hah. Would have been nice to stay and see it through 'till the end. Oh well, next time!

I'll be starting the conversion for my garage closet to a fermentation chamber in a month or two. At that time I'm sure I'll do an AG brew. It's about time to make the switch, after 4 extract recipes. It would be awesome to have you and the others come over and do a brew / drink day!

Now you have me regretting leaving at 6pm! Dang niece and nephew had to taken care of, hah. Would have been nice to stay and see it through 'till the end. Oh well, next time!

I'll be starting the conversion for my garage closet to a fermentation chamber in a month or two. At that time I'm sure I'll do an AG brew. It's about time to make the switch, after 4 extract recipes. It would be awesome to have you and the others come over and do a brew / drink day!

You know it, can't wait! :)

I believe Ed uses a BC product...

Ed is an attention whore....

Woops, name calling.

Even though we dont do business now Ed... I still head up an underground movement to promote you.:D

I believe Ed uses a BC product...

Ed is an attention whore....

Woops, name calling.

Even though we dont do business now Ed... I still head up an underground movement to promote you.:D

Thanks Pol I appreciate it. We initially used a Barley Crusher at .036" gap setting. It worked very well, but we recently (about 6 weeks ago) switched to a Crankandstein mill. We have it set at .035, and it is a big ol 3 roller mill. I really like the new mill, and look for C&S to show up on our website soon. The biggest factor for us changing mills was that C&S is local and we can have the rollers re-knurled for free just by dropping it off.

Ed

I've had nothing but bad experiences with Brewmasters Warehouse...

First, there is there ridiculously easy Brew Builder and easy on the eyes website design, that draws me on, begging to order more ingredients.

Second, the speedy shipping which forces me to brew earlier than I had planned.

Third, for some unknown reason I keep having to click "Buy This Recipe" and "Checkout" when I only meant to poke around... I think it's subliminal coding in the website.

Of course, I'm just kidding - my wife is starting to look at follow on orders and asked for my input. I told her anywhere but GA, because I can't order from BMW anymore! She ended up putting GA as her third choice (kinda had to), so if we end up there - I'm going to be pissed!

I LOVE BMW!

DAMNIT ED! What did I tell you? I got 82.5% today!!!!! I had to make a whole extra 1/2 gallon of beer because of you, what am I going to do with that?!

My recent experience......... Held off shipping on Friday because he did not want the liquid yeast to spoil over the weekend in shipping. Left me an email letting me know. Called me personally monday to tell me he was out of a certain product I ordered and offered to ship the main body of the order now and the out of stock product wednesday when he got it (at his cost of course)......... Now, some would gripe that the shipping was delayed or they should have what I ordered or this or that. I say way to go Ed!!! It's getting harder and harder to get things done right anymore and customer service like that goes a long, long way with me. Oh, and did I mention that the prices are great too!

Hmm. I had only ever looked at BMW once before. Had been ordering from another online vendor while throwing my LHBS about 50% of my business. For my online orders I am going to have to change to BMW. I just did a side by side comparison, identical recipe punched in at BMW and the other website, and I would save $7 at BMW. Thats the cost of shipping!

My recent experience......... Held off shipping on Friday because he did not want the liquid yeast to spoil over the weekend in shipping. Left me an email letting me know. Called me personally monday to tell me he was out of a certain product I ordered and offered to ship the main body of the order now and the out of stock product wednesday when he got it (at his cost of course)......... Now, some would gripe that the shipping was delayed or they should have what I ordered or this or that. I say way to go Ed!!! It's getting harder and harder to get things done right anymore and customer service like that goes a long, long way with me. Oh, and did I mention that the prices are great too!

Thanks for the endorsement. I do appreciate it. As far as the out of stock thing goes it does happen from time to time. One of the reasons we can keep the prices low is that our inventory supply is ran very tight. For the most part it is never an issue, but once in a while it does happen.

Thanks,

Ed

I received my first order yesterday. Brewmaster's Warehouse is my new online source. I can't think of a reason to shop anywhere else.

The grain crush looks exceptional. Can't wait for brew day.

After seeing the horrible effects of that increased efficiency while doing a couple brews with Gremlyn1, I ordered 4 recipes on BW which will be here tomorrow. I can't wait to do my first AG brew on Saturday.

Ed, about how long can the grains last for? I should be able to do 1-2 per week, meaning everything will be brewed in a month or less, but I just want to make sure it'll be good for that long.

I buy bulk on grain and hops, so I can't use Ed for those. For everything else though, I see no point in looking elsewhere any more. Ed is unbeatable in this game for service and reliability.

I did buy the Shiver me Bitters recipe from him though, and yeah, that amazing efficiency is a real PITA! :D

After seeing all of you belly-aching about BMW, I placed my first order this morning. I think it would be nice to have some of the problems you guys are talking about. Plus, that $6.99 shipping isn't going to hurt my feelings any either...:)

My full order just arrived today, and boy oh boy does it look and smell good! I can't wait to brew the first of four recipes up tomorrow. I think I'll do the nut brown ale.

84.5% efficiency on the nut brown, Ed...and this was my first AG brew. This is getting out of hand. First Gremlyn1 has increasing efficiencies, now me? When will this stop. Seriously.

84.5% efficiency on the nut brown, Ed...and this was my first AG brew. This is getting out of hand. First Gremlyn1 has increasing efficiencies, now me? When will this stop. Seriously.

84.5% on your first batch is out of control. You have no where to go but down now. Well the beer down the throat of course.

Ed

Ed,

Today's brew got me an 86.9% on the Bee Cave Brewery Haus Pale Ale. I will forever be buying my crushed grain from you. 2 for 2 on high efficiencies, gotta love it. :mug:

Ed strikes again...
I ordered a Fuggles SMaSH and an EKG SMaSH from BMW, but accidentally forgot to change the ingredients from the first recipe and ended up ordering two Fuggles SMaSHes. Luckily I named the recipe appropriately and Ed was on the ball and caught it. Just got off the phone and he will indeed be sending me Fuggles and EKG as I had intended. Thanks Ed!

Ed strikes again...
I ordered a Fuggles SMaSH and an EKG SMaSH from BMW, but accidentally forgot to change the ingredients from the first recipe and ended up ordering two Fuggles SMaSHes. Luckily I named the recipe appropriately and Ed was on the ball and caught it. Just got off the phone and he will indeed be sending me Fuggles and EKG as I had intended. Thanks Ed!

My pleasure. I am glad you named them, so I could catch it. You know we have to look at every recipe, and decide how good we think it will be.

Ed

Hey Ed,

I have noticed that you do not have a search function on the site. On two occasions now; 1. I couldn't find Maltodextrin, and 2. I was wanting to look for an Arrogant Bastard recipe....gave up both time. If you do, I can not find it for the life of me....

Are you going to be adding a search at some point?

Thanks for the help,

Back