Brew calculators for PDA's?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zymurgrafi

Reaction score
preferably freeware...

Yes In know, PDA's (and specifically palm Pllots) are so 20th century! But I have one. I have the 3 calulators that promash offers (Strike temp, alch calc. and hydro correction)

I have looked for more; yes even here, but not come up with any. I know of one recipe formulator but frankly it is not much good compared to what I have on the desktop (beer Alchemy). I realize not many people are making software for these dinosaurs anymore but thought I would check. It is handy to have with me at the brew rig since my wife won't let me borrow her laptop :(

Just want some more "games" I guess. ;)

I have heard of the Palm but don't know of any brew software developed for it's use. All I could have done is told you to get the ProMash tools but, youve done that already.

I have been trying to justify getting a mini-laptop (~400.00) so that I can have a full version of BeerSmith running in teh same room as me. I just can't seem to bring myself to take the laptop out there and risk it.

...I have been trying to justify getting a mini-laptop (~400.00) so that I can have a full version of BeerSmith running in teh same room as me. I just can't seem to bring myself to take the laptop out there and risk it.

Take a look at the asus eee pc. Thats what I have, Im running linux with strangebrew. Works well, just get the silicone keyboard cover. :drunk: Asus's can be had <$300

On a side note, I just ordered a xv6900 (HTC Touch) running windows mobile, and I am too, looking for more 'games' for it. A database for tasting beers would be nice too!

"Brew Math" for the iPhone (available through iTunes) works really well. Same company makes a great Mac application as well.

I've messed about with brewculator a bit. It's OK but not great, it hasn't been updated since 2003. I've toyed with the idea of writing something myself but that would take away from something else, like actually brewing.

hey don't knock it, my treo is actually based on the palm platform...

Just bought a palm on ebay that can run both of these.. and "found" a copy of smartlist to go..

ill give a review later.. maybe a video..

Back