How did you mount your control panel?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huaco

Reaction score
I am looking at options for mounting my control panel. I don't have much real estate on the wall where my brewery will be living. I am thinking of having some type of structure added to my brew stand to mount the panel to. I have the 20x16 Kal-Clone panel that I built from a kit purchased from Spike Innovations.
Show pix of your CP mount.

I mounted mine to a Monoprice.com LCD TV mount that swivels on an arm.

Here is a picture:
HMI_mounting_arm.jpg

You can see more details in my build thread: post3562704

I am guessing this has to be mounted or at least accommodated for PRIOR to mounting the back plate to the box? My CP is completely finished. I can't take that all apart to mount something like this. However, I do like the idea of using the TV mount. If I could find one that would work to the stock mounting tabs, I could attach a 4x4 stained and sealed wood post to the side of the brewstand and attach the arm to the post.

Thanks...

I used a couple of lengths of bed rail angle iron strapped to one of the main uprights on my rig. Then used the mounting lugs on the CP to mount on the rail.

photo-12.jpg

photo-4-2.jpg

I am guessing this has to be mounted or at least accommodated for PRIOR to mounting the back plate to the box? My CP is completely finished. I can't take that all apart to mount something like this. However, I do like the idea of using the TV mount. If I could find one that would work to the stock mounting tabs, I could attach a 4x4 stained and sealed wood post to the side of the brewstand and attach the arm to the post.

Thanks...

You should be able to tap the cp from the back. My LCD in the garage is held in place by 4 M6 1.25 threaded hex nuts.

You should be able to tap the cp from the back. My LCD in the garage is held in place by 4 M6 1.25 threaded hex nuts.

I will see what options I can find with TV mounts. I don't trust drilled and tapped sheet metal to hold a 50 pound control panel. However, I may be able to make a plywood plate that it mounts to and then use tee nuts to secure the TV mount to the wood plate...

Still thinking...

I will see what options I can find with TV mounts. I don't trust drilled and tapped sheet metal to hold a 50 pound control panel. However, I may be able to make a plywood plate that it mounts to and then use tee nuts to secure the TV mount to the wood plate...

Still thinking...

I picked up my tv mount from walmart online. They have a bunch in the 20-30 dollar range

My CP is completely finished. I can't take that all apart to mount something like this.

Heh.

aOE5V.jpg

See that? I installed the mount plate the wrong damn way on mine. Finished the control panel and then had to disconnect all of the wires from the terminal blocks so I could lift the backplate up on one side to get to the nuts and redo it. Took two or so hours, man I was pissed.

My control panel is mounted on a very beefy modified monitor stand, attached to the brewstand. If I could mount it again knowing what I know now, I would mount it to the wall.

Back