Vintage Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Retarded_Penguin_Brewing

Reaction score
My grandma recently passed and I came into possession of this awesome kegerator. Just wanted to share this awesome score with those who would get as excited as I did. I am going to get her fixed up and restored, but was also curious if the older generation of brewers may have some information about this unit? I know that it was bought brand new in the early 60's, but that's about all I was able to find out. Enjoy :mug:

back of kegerator.jpg

box of parts.jpg

data tag.jpg

front of kegerator.jpg

inside kegerator.jpg

Looks like a good commercial unit but I see a lot of rust below the door. This is usually caused by a leaky door gasket and hopefully you can find a replacement.

Does it run and cool?

I haven't plugged it in to see, don't really trust plugging in something this old without first having it gone through. Old fridge restorations are quite common so I'm sure there won't be an issue there. Yeah the bottom is kind of rotted, but again that's just a matter of some sheet metal work. I'm not looking at this as an investment to sell, it's just something that is so interesting and so unique that you aren't going to see it anywhere else. There's more of a sentimental value.

Back