other beers to make with 3711

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
was thinking about maybe a stout or a dubbel? whadya think?

It's like you're in my head, I was thinking the same thing the last few weeks. I have washed a bunch of Saison yeast and now its sitting in my fridge, begging to be used.

I hope someone would reply, cause I am interested if a stout or porter w/ Saison yeast would be worth doing or just completely nasty and a waste of ingredients.

I think a stout would be good with it. I'm thinking a more tropical version of a foreign extra stout. You will have to mash high and make sure there are some unfermentables added like flaked barley or oats since that yeast would dry it out quite a bit.

I think a stout would be good with it. I'm thinking a more tropical version of a foreign extra stout. You will have to mash high and make sure there are some unfermentables added like flaked barley or oats since that yeast would dry it out quite a bit.

It'll make a dry beer, yeah--but the mouthfeel of this yeast is insane. I made a huge "tripel" style with 3711 and mashed low, 149, for 90+ minutes for full conversaion, and it went from 1.088 to 1.002, but feels like a beer that ended around 1.020.

I think a normal mash temp with minimal flaked barley/oats would still leave you with a big bodied beer.

I really think the fruit flavors and subtle spice would really accent pale chocolate malt well. I've been thinking about doing a brown porter. I think I'll be ordering supplies tomorrow to make it.

Back