Letting kegged beer sit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gfyrasng

Reaction score
My bother-in-law and I are going to be going home at the end of Feb (we're in Iraq) and our wives are getting a keg for our coming home party. The store they're getting it from has to order the keg and our wives will be picking it in a few days. My question is how long can the keg sit for. I'll be in the garage for about three weeks, will this be ok for it?

My bother-in-law and I are going to be going home at the end of Feb (we're in Iraq) and our wives are getting a keg for our coming home party. The store they're getting it from has to order the keg and our wives will be picking it in a few days. My question is how long can the keg sit for. I'll be in the garage for about three weeks, will this be ok for it?

You should be fine, How cold is it in your garage?.God bless our troops over there!!:mug:

That should be fine! Have them start cooling it a few days before your return though so it's nice and ready for your first celebration pint.

Thank you for all you have done over there.

If you can, see if the store can hold it in their cold storage as long as they can. If this keg is a domestic, most likely it is unpasteurized and storing warmer than 38 is not recommended (although I doubt it will be a show stopper).

However the 15 day forecast I'm looking at doesn't show it getting above 51 until almost Valentines Day. Of course anyone in this area knows what weather forecasts mean in Oklahoma.

Thanks for the advice guys. We're trying to get Bud select, or at least bud light....i know, it's not homebrew, but given our situation, I still think it's acceptable!

Safe return and yes, BMC is better than no beer at all. Besides, you have to get your livers back up to speed. A sixer of Ruination would probably stun the poor things.

Thanks for all the support guys! My wife and myself (and the kidos) will be moving about a month after I get back. I'm already planning on a hefevisen, dunkelvisen, and some apfelvien (sp?) along with a home built keezer.

Back