FoodSaver Deal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get these offers all the time... so I like to pass them on!

Wow, that's amazing. I just picked one up from Bass Pro Shop for $90, but that's more expensive when you include 6% tax!

even better:

http://dealnews.com/lw/artclick.html?2,332835,1071088

Today only, FoodSaver.com offers the FoodSaver Vacuum Sealer Kit, model no. T000-08005, for $139.99. Add it to your cart and it drops to $64.04. With free shipping, that's the lowest total price we've seen by $66. It includes a 2-1/2-quart marinating canister, two 11" FoodSaver rolls, and more.

I have to say that I was all excited to get a foodsaver, and then I went to the store and bought a Rival Seal-a-Meal instead, and it's worked fantastic so far. It takes the same accessories as a foodsaver and I use it for packing my hops in addition to canning stuff and sealing up bulk fresh herbs and spices.

I think so, I really thought the FoodSavers were in the$40-75 range, I guess I was thinking of the Seal-a-Meals.

Is the Seal-a-Meal cheaper?

Yeah, I think I got mine for $40 or so. It may have been $50.

One thing to keep in mind is that apparently I got a "new" version which is not the same as ones I had been reading reviews for online, many of which were negative. They did some redesign, I guess, and the new one seems to work better, at least so far as I can determine.

My seal-a-meal took a crap after only a few months. I probably used it two dozen times.

For what it's worth, I've had my seal-a-meal for some months now and haven't had troubles yet. That's not to say it couldn't crap out tomorrow, but so far it's been solid.

$130 bucks doesnt seem to bad considering its the 2nd to the top of the line products...hmm.....Gonna have to think about this today.
Might have just figured out what the SWMBO is getting for x-mas.

Back