Lips of Faith pasteurized?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, the new bottles of them are pasteurized, the ones that are bottle capped. But if you can find an old bottle that is corked and caged you can harvest dregs from them easily.

Chromados

another thats fairly easy to come by right now is Friek from odell and it has a very nice souring culture in it

Currently they are pasteurized.

From what I understand, the corked and caged bottles were all done by hand in order to prevent contamination of their bottling line. In order to ramp up production of La Folie for national distribution (necessitating bottling via the bottling line) they had to start pasteurizing to prevent contamination in all of their other beers.

However, I spoke with Lauren Salazar a few months back and she said that a seperate bottling line for beers with bugs is in their immediate future, so we should start to see unpasteurized La Folie sooner than later.

Currently they are pasteurized.

From what I understand, the corked and caged bottles were all done by hand in order to prevent contamination of their bottling line. In order to ramp up production of La Folie for national distribution (necessitating bottling via the bottling line) they had to start pasteurizing to prevent contamination in all of their other beers.

However, I spoke with Lauren Salazar a few months back and she said that a seperate bottling line for beers with bugs is in their immediate future, so we should start to see unpasteurized La Folie sooner than later.

Thats great news! Thanks for the update! :ban:

Yup, the new bottles of them are pasteurized, the ones that are bottle capped. But if you can find an old bottle that is corked and caged you can harvest dregs from them easily.

Chromados

In theory...however, the last corked and caged La Folie's were bottled several years back now. I tried to culture some last year and it didn't have much success.

There was a rumor sometime last year that NB was going to go back to unpasteurized C&C bottles, but i haven't heard anything about it recently.

Back