yall might kill me!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdavisii

Reaction score
Was running low on funds last week but needed some icy cold brew. Couldnt make up my mind between piss water or the other type of piss water. I finally decided to go with a sixer of michelob honey lager for $5.49. Actually i was amazed for that money you cant beat it. Has anyone else tried it?

I think michelob is a fairly good beer. I'd never turn one down. I'm not surprised that their honey lager is good.

That's normally the best choice out of "what's available" when we go out to eat. I actually like michelob too, and can give it credit to bringing me back around to beer drinkin'.

Hey, Anheuser- Busch isn't the #1 beer manufacturer in the world for nothing, you know - they have to do some things right :p

Pumbaa said:
it's called marketing :p

Haha thats awesome! I find myself questioning why I buy things from certain places more and more as my marketing class goes on...

I can't say anything - my cheap beer of choice when I don't have or don't want good beer is Miller High Life. Nothing says class like a cold $1.50 40 oz. of alcoholic corn water :p

Poverty is a great teacher. The lessons remain when the money returns. My teenagers know how to separate the grain from the chaff now. My eldest bought Axe body spray a couple of years ago. Didn't get any girls and the fad wore off. I, of course, reinforced the lesson with a healthy dose of redicule like a good Dad would.

Medication is the big one. By law you must sell medication according to its active ingredients. Call it what you like, but the medication remains the same. The only exception is in the ingestion medium. You can buy coated Aspirins but you may not be able to buy coated acetylsalicylic acid.

Buford said:
I can't say anything - my cheap beer of choice when I don't have or don't want good beer is Miller High Life. Nothing says class like a cold $1.50 40 oz. of alcoholic corn water :p

Nothing wrong with high life, infact it and MGD are my favorite "To hot to freeking move day" beers

Pumbaa said:
Nothing wrong with high life, infact it and MGD are my favorite "To hot to freeking move day" beers

On those kinda days I go with good old PBR:D

Michelob isn't bad, though I read something recently saying that they're going back to the old bottle shape so that it stands out more, and all this time I thought the taste was supposed to be what made a beer stand out.....

cnbudz said:
On those kinda days I go with good old PBR:D

Michelob isn't bad, though I read something recently saying that they're going back to the old bottle shape so that it stands out more, and all this time I thought the taste was supposed to be what made a beer stand out.....

Silly rabbit, beer doesn't have a taste. But seriously, Shlitz is the bomb, PBR is great and High Life is always a good option. For those time you just want a drink with no life to it.

I like michelob. havent tried the honey lager yet.

I went ahead and picked up some megaswill over the weekend...becasue sometimes you just gotta drink 12 beers on a saturday night.

I can't remember the last time I've had a Michelob...years ago. I suppose I could give it another go.

I was pleased to hear in their new commercial that they are boasting that it is an "all malt" brew. Props to them for that. I've always been curious to know which A-B brews, if any, were all malt.

My brother went to the hospitality house at SeaWorld and I gave him the mission of asking which beers are all malt. Unfortunately, he didn't take the greatest notes. :( I do remember reading that AmberBock has 6 ingredients. Any ideas what the two extras are?

I'm a huge PBR fan, it's perfect for when you're sweating bullets and flavor is beat out by 'cold factor'.

Fezzman the other two indredients are horse and cow dung. Which both give that grainy slash poo flavor;-)

I dont care what anyone says, a liter size mason jar filled with 2 coors light and some spicy V-8 juice and a dash of tabasco can not be beat on a hot day, or any day when i feel like 8 or more beers!

fezzman said:
...I was pleased to hear in their new commercial that they are boasting that it is an "all malt" brew.

cnbudz said:
...I read something recently saying that they're going back to the old bottle shape...

Just saw this. It looks like the two go hand-in-hand. Positive step for AB, I guess. I don't think I've had The 'Lob since I was in college!

You all disgust me and should be ashamed to call yourselves homebrewer's, that megaswill crap is.....well....crap.....although I did find myself drinking a Sapporo at the chinese joint the other day......

Yeah-- never really understood the attraction of bagging on BMC. It's decent stuff for what it is. I won't bag on Pizza Hut pizza for the same reason. Not generally my favorite but then when I order it I'm not expecting a classicly trained chef to whip me up magic. *shrug*

BMC is what it is: inexpensive, consistent, easily acquired and reliable.

kornkob said:
Yeah-- never really understood the attraction of bagging on BMC. It's decent stuff for what it is. I won't bag on Pizza Hut pizza for the same reason. Not generally my favorite but then when I order it I'm not expecting a classicly trained chef to whip me up magic. *shrug*

BMC is what it is: inexpensive, consistent, easily acquired and reliable.

Obviously not EAC enough.... gonna have to work harder at that...

Whenever I've read threads like this, I just shake my head and ask why can't these beer snobs leave people alone to drink what they like? I still feel that way, but last weekend I had my first Coors in probably 6 months. I didn't realize how bad it was. It wasn't all that long ago that it was the beer of choice for SWMBO and me. I offered her a sip and she said "Yuch, that tastes like fizzy water with a nasty aftertaste. We used to drink that? I guess we've just been spoiled by the beer you're brewing." I'll take that as a compliment.

omniscientomar said:
Obviously not EAC enough.... gonna have to work harder at that...

I'll pass. Gramps said, "Live and let live... unless the ******* is coming in your front door uninvited, then you can put a 12 gauge part in his goddam skull."

Craig5_12 said:
You all disgust me and should be ashamed to call yourselves homebrewer's, that megaswill crap is.....well....crap.....although I did find myself drinking a Sapporo at the chinese joint the other day......

My local sushi chef was ragging on me and my friend for ordering Saporo. Then he admitted that his favorite dinner is Budweiser and pizza from Uno's.

Cheesefood said:
My local sushi chef was ragging on me and my friend for ordering Saporo. Then he admitted that his favorite dinner is Budweiser and pizza from Uno's.

LOL, to each there own until you can change their mind. Bring him in one of your brews and change his mind forever! :D

I always thought one of the best BMC-type beers was Killians on tap. I tried it in the bottle once and wasn't impressed. But if I'm in a bar that doesn't have anything that excites me on tap, that's what I'd probably order.

Twas a time when you could go to Walgreens (when they still had a liquor department) and by a case of Schaefer Light for...$7.49.

I'll admit, I bought more than my fair share out of necessity.

Maybe it was knowing it was 30 cents-a-can that made it taste good.

That and the fact that I brought the stuff down to about 29 degrees before drinking. :D

If I can't get a good beer, I'll have a good glass of scotch and a side of water and call it a night. If I can't get a good scotch, and I can't get a good beer, then I will just get piss drunk on martinis (with gin, you know-nothing hipster bartender, learn to pour a freakin drink! A martini is gin, a martini made with vodka is called a mixed drink, I don't care what style of glass you serve it in, but if I'm feeling cheritable that day, I may permit you to call it a "vodka martini" without a noticable scoff. And don't even think about offering me anything with artifically flavored vodka, no appletinis, cherrytinis, chocolatinis, or your will be getting a bitchslap-tini. Got that?) and after I have a few in my system and feel thoroughly soused, I will realize I've had to much and take a cab home.

I don't know if it's that hot and only ice cold beer will do, i'll opt for a sports drink (no carbonated ones) or water. Make you feel much better.

Toot said:
... then I will just get piss drunk on martinis (with gin, you know-nothing hipster bartender....

Woo Hoo another like minded aficionado....Have you tried Junipero from Anchor Distilling yet? I've been meaning to get my hands on some!

z987k said:
I don't know if it's that hot and only ice cold beer will do, i'll opt for a sports drink (no carbonated ones) or water. Make you feel much better.

Never once did I ever even come close to getting a buzz from water.

And sports drinks pretty uniformly taste worse than ass. This comes from specific knowledge that the US army makes their 'MRE kool aid' from powdered ass flakes and the MRE drink packs were better than sports drinks (although the most common use of MRE kool aid was for sand tables--- 'remember-- the purple is your outer firing arc-- there are friendies over there')

kornkob said:
And sports drinks pretty uniformly taste worse than ass. This comes from specific knowledge that the US army makes their 'MRE kool aid' from powdered ass flakes and the MRE drink packs were better than sports drinks (although the most common use of MRE kool aid was for sand tables--- 'remember-- the purple is your outer firing arc-- there are friendies over there')
I love it! Aren't rock drills fun?

EDIT: To add my own $.02 to this thread - Michelob is tolerable sometimes. I'll even stoop as low as Bud Light or even High Life on occasion. I used to buy Killian's a lot, but I started to dislike it before I even figured out what good beer really is. This is making me thirsty. I'm going to go browse the selection at the local swill-mart.

miler highlife!!!!

w000t!

i have a 12er of it in the fridge at all times. musnt' forget my roots.

genesse cream ale is another one i love to induldge in.

Hey kornkob....you live in Madison....just for the hell of it stop by Woodman's and pick up some Hackstein. It makes Old Style taste like liquid gold.

I bought some as an experiment since it was dirt cheap. It was so so SO bad that I opened them up and dumped them one can at a time....until I realized they would be more fun to shake up and shoot with the ol' .22 :rockin: .

Never heard of hackstien---- but then I buy most of my beer at Old Town Liquor (cuz its close) or Steve's (cuz they got selection out the ass).

Besides, there's a difference between BMC and the really crappy beers.

Steve's in Madison rocks!

When in St. Louis, you can go to one of several Dirt Cheap Liquor Stores and pick up (what else), Dirt Cheap Malt Liquor!

IM252218.gif

Rhoobarb said:
Steve's in Madison rocks!

When in St. Louis, you can go to one of several Dirt Cheap Liquor Stores and pick up (what else), Dirt Cheap Malt Liquor!

IM252218.gif
Yeah baby!!! :ban:

Their motto?

The more she drinks, the better you'll look.... :cross:

Latest posts

Back