Addicted

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knipknup

Bloody John Roberts
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Who watches their diet so they can have a home brew when they get home?
Who forgoes a meal so they can have more than one?
Who drinks 5 or 6 home brews in a night and then gasps at the 327cal/pnt total? (That is around 1600 to 2000 cal total, and beersmith must be lying!)
Who looks at the treadmill calorie count and converts the number into pints?
Who lets this result motivate them to run more, thinking; "drinking one less is not an option"?

If you can answer yes to all of these, you are like me...
Smokin.gif

knipknup said:
Who watches their diet so they can have a home brew when they get home?
Who forgoes a meal so they can have more than one?
Who drinks 5 or 6 home brews in a night and then gasps at the 327cal/pnt total? (That is around 1600 to 2000 cal total, and beersmith must be lying!)
Who looks at the treadmill calorie count and converts the number into pints?
Who lets this result motivate them to run more, thinking; "drinking one less is not an option"?

If you can answer yes to all three of these, you are like me...
Smokin.gif

Running the marathon this year so I can drink a ton of homebrews with no guilt. :cross:

aduncan75 said:
Running the marathon this year so I can drink a ton of homebrews with no guilt. :cross:

Got an SWMBO for life so I can have a ton of homebrews with no guilt.

Started riding a bicycle so I could keep drinking and lose some weight, up to 14 miles a day. Already lost about 10 lbs, can't wait to get to 20 miles a day and see what happens.....

I do! I exercise and watch what I eat pretty darn closely. I do notice that this winter, my beer drinking is increasing, though, so it's going to be a stuggle! At first, I bottled in 12 ounce bottles and I'd drink one most evenings. Then, I bottled in 16 ounces and would have one or two most evenings. Then I bottled in 22 ounces, and geez, one beer isn't really that much. All the while my calories are going through the roof! Exercise is really important!

So, I eat better and less so I can drink better and more. That sounds kind of pathetic, doesn't it?

Yooper Chick said:
I do! I exercise and watch what I eat pretty darn closely. I do notice that this winter, my beer drinking is increasing, though, so it's going to be a stuggle! At first, I bottled in 12 ounce bottles and I'd drink one most evenings. Then, I bottled in 16 ounces and would have one or two most evenings. Then I bottled in 22 ounces, and geez, one beer isn't really that much. All the while my calories are going through the roof! Exercise is really important!

So, I eat better and less so I can drink better and more. That sounds kind of pathetic, doesn't it?

Gosh, tell me about it. Heh. I think it is just the nature of winter. Ya know, being at home nothing to do. Sampling all the goodies. I am getting a rainbow of beer in the cellar (14 cases or so and counting...) and have been chalking more new stuff up to my 'beer education' (lol). I was doing really well with keeping the food in check but I know that once spring hits, and it is gardening season I'll be out and about in full force.

As an aside, I was listening about some guys running a race in the Sahara (I think it was) recently. They run the equivalent of two marathons a day, and figured their daily caloric requirement to be 10,000 calories. They couldn't possibly make those numbers and in the first month lost about 25 lbs (well the one guy did anyhow).

I was wondering if I was the only one. I workout and lift weights (not as much as I should), and watch what I eat very closely so I can drink beer. Heck, I don't drink durint the weeknights at all, friday, saturday, and sometimes a little on sunday are my only days.

Once I get to my target weight, nothings going to hold me back from opening a beer with dinner... and dessert.

Yeah I also reduce food intake to increase beer intake. Good stuff. Besides, there's plenty of nutrition in beer, right? That's the story I'm sticking with.

Also, I didn't know beersmith gave caloric values!

looking at the scale and the developing overhang - i need to get to the gym more than 3 times a week and eat less.(not drink less)
wanted to lose 10 lbs before christmas but now i am looking at 15-20.
too many varieties of beer on hand!

Same boat here. My first overhang (over the belt) began to develop in the fall last year. I told myself it was gonna go away. In order to do so I've had to exercise and eat WAY less... because I have to have at least a beer a night since I started homebrewing.

Nights I'd usual not drink at all, if I have a homebrew sitting in the closet, I have to drink it.

Back