What to brew for Christmas gifts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyc318

Reaction score
My wife and I are trying to do some home made things for Christmas gift this year and of course we thought it a great idea to give away some homebrew. I want to brew up a 10 gallon batch, but can't decide on a good ale to brew for a diverse selection of people. Ideas?

I just brewed a hard cider for the coming of fall. It was very simple and actually quite delicious. Friends that normally hate beer seem to love it too. I made the Graff Malty, Slightly hopped cider in the recipe section of the site. I used Saaz hops and substituted sugar for one of the pounds of dme. I also added 2 tablespoons of cinnamon to the mini mash and added a few sticks to the carboy.

+ 1 on a cider or graff. Last year I gave out graff & it was a hit. Made it extra malty with honey malt, 2 row & caramunich added to the crystal 60. Used US Goldings hops, also added 4 cans FAJC & 2 cans FWGJC (6 gallon batch). Bottled in 1 liter fliptops & used simple B&W labels.

This weekend I'll be brewing up another version of graff with oats & Munich malt with a couple oz of molasses, maybe some caraway seed too; though I've been toying with the idea of adding a bit of brewer's licorice.
Regards, GF.

Any recipes examples for some graff? I recently saw the BTV episode about it. Interesting.

I have two selections, a really good pale ale to those who do not really drink craft beer, and a RIS for those that do. The down side is the stout is brewed a year before so it is aged appropriately to give out.

Back