New York state fair homebrew competition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HollisBrewCo

Reaction score
Just got my NHC results and decided to enter the NYE fair competition. Does anybody know if you can enter more than 1 beer per category ? The rules did not specially say one entry per category like the NHC ruled did.
Further what do my fellow New Yorkers have for entries ? I'm hoping to send 5 beers... grapefruit lager, black IPA, coffee porter, vanilla porter, and regular robust porter.

Pretty sure it's a BJCP sanctioned comp, so one beer per category and sub-style.

I only have a Saison ready, sent out the fees today.

Pretty sure it's a BJCP sanctioned comp, so one beer per category and sub-style.

I only have a Saison ready, sent out the fees today.

That is not a requirement of BJCP sanctioning. If the rules don't prohibit it, I would say you can do it.

Don't be a dick and enter the exact same beer multiple times in the same subcategory. Different beers in the same subcategory and the same beer in different categories, go for it if the rules don't say not to.

The issue I run into is i have several different category 3 beers I would like to enter.

If they are different recipes, and the rules don't explicitly say you can't, it is okay.

Entering two recipes of the same substyle and hopefully getting scoresheets from the same judges on them is a very good opportunity. If the comp lets you do it, take advantage of it.

That is not a requirement of BJCP sanctioning. If the rules don't prohibit it, I would say you can do it.

Don't be a dick and enter the exact same beer multiple times in the same subcategory. Different beers in the same subcategory and the same beer in different categories, go for it if the rules don't say not to.

Guess I'm not ready for the exam. I swore that was one of the T/F questions....

There was a comp recently here in NY that allowed multiple entries per sub-category, there was a suspicious amount of multiple winners in some of them, so yeah, I think that's a dick move too.

Back