Help from Bostonians

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shecky

Just an old guy
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Might be too late for this, but I'll try anyway.

Taking the family to Boston for the weekend. Now, I was born and raised there but it's been 20 years since I've lived in the area. We are staying at the Renaissance on Congress St. I was hoping somebody could educate me on the best, safest way to get my family from Fenway back to the hotel on Saturday night via public transport.

The T website is confusing and unhelpful. I know I can take the Silver Line bus to South Station and then head to the Common and then Fenway from there, but getting back seems to be an issue.

Thanks.

The easiest is probably to take the green line from Fenway to Park Street, then the red line to South Station. From there you can either walk (it's pretty safe there) or pick up the silver line.

I sure hope you stayed for the whole game. The kids will be hooked for life.

My sister offered me tix right behind the Sox dugout but didn't call until mid-day. I worked Friday overnight and was scheduled to work tonight 7p-7a. I didn't get her call till I woke up at 4:30 I immediatley developed a cough, the rockin' pneumonia and the boogie woogie flu. Unfortunatley, she kept calling people when she didn't reach me and of course the tix were long gone. I did the responsible thing, took a vitamin to fight off the effects of my debilitating symptoms and came to work. Damn.

PTN

Thanks for the help. It was much easier to navigate once we got to where we were going. It was like being home again. Man, the waterfront has surely changed for the better.

My girls had no intention of leaving early. Good thing the game was only 3 hours. On the down side, my older one insisted on becoming a pink hat. Fortunately, the younger one got the Youk jersey she's wanted for so long and figures it was her purchasing that that drove the win. :)

Back