Refilling 5# CO2 Tanks from 20# Tank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nealperkins

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
OK, I've searched the forum . . .

I have several 5# tanks and they run out at the wrong times, etc.

I intend to buy a 20# CO2 tank with dip tub and need to know where I can buy the connecting hardware to go tank to tank. It would be preferred to have a small length of tubing between the brass fittings (like the paintball connector I bought).

(See, I figure if I buy this tank...I'll never, never forget to turn the gas off, and I'll never, never have a leaker ever again...)

Know a source??

Thanks

filling a 5lb tank from a 20lb tank will work, but you will never get it all the way full inless you waste a ton of co2. if you are fine with only getting 3 lbs in it at a time then you are good to go.

also, if you have a paintball filler there is an adapter for it. my company has one(we are a welding supply shop) i'll look for it to take a pic so you can see what to look for

Thanks, if you have that adapter, that'd be easy!

Also, I'm fine with the 3# as long as I can refill on demand. I recently discovered that my gas vendor was giving me less than 4# when I was paying for 5...discussion followed.

Latest posts

Back