Anyone ordered from www.brewsterbrown.com?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's why I'm hoping someone else has used them. They're by far the cheapest for the IC and pot.

A buddy ordered the 20qt brew pot a few months back, it took about 3-4 weeks before he recieved it but evan with slow turnaround its worth the price.

i currently own a 50 foot wort chiller from brewsterbrown.com. product was exactly as advertised, works very well, the prices are amazing and he even rush shipped it to me because i wanted to get a brew in before i took off for the weekend.

i highly recommend them.

Does anyone know if he sells on eBay? I ordered an IC the other day from there because it was cheap, and I'll be dipped if it isnt the same picture as his super wort chiller. The price is about the same as well.

edit: yep, just checked. it is the same. cool. I should have gone to his site and saved $2!! lol

50 foot copper chiller for $30? How do they even buy the copper for that price? I built my own and paid more than that.

Their price for DME was out of line. $4.97 for a pound? That $hit needs to be down around $3 or $3-fiddy.

My wife bought me the 20qt pot and super chiller combo for fathers day. Worked great. Great prices, fast shipping and good quality. :mug:

I ordered a 20 qt pot and super chiller from them as well. Works well, the pot is really thin but its what you expect for the price. I would say go for it.

So, for this particular use, will 1/4" allow enough heat to be exchanged, or is 3/8" really needed? I'm going to be buying an aluminum 32- or 40-qt boiler, and I'm planning to do full boil, extract with partial grain to start.

I got their 50' chiller and I'm pretty pleased. It dropped temperatures pretty quickly, taking 4.5 gallons under 100 in 10 minutes and into the 70s in 20 even with summer tap water. My only complaint was that the input hose was too short for my sink setup so I had to adjust it, but if that's not a problem for your setup it's perfect.

I bought the super chiller. It came in a few days. Have not used it yet, but looks nice. I couldn't buy the tubing for the price.

David :)

Not a big deal but the chillers are 1/4 inch copper tubing .Still a great price

Wait... Are we talking I.D. or O.D. here? Aren't most ICs using 25' of 3/8" O.D. refrigeration tubing? Sorry about the dumb questions, but I'm still getting my footing as I start out. If this is 1/4" O.D., I'd have a hard time believing it could move enough water to cool wort quickly enough for a decent cold break.

Its 1/4" OD, I just measured it. I had one out of 1/4" maybe 36' long. It worked BETTER than my 25' 3/8 one. I think its a surface area of the chiller.

I changed my brewery. Now I drain 1/2 my boiling wort into a stainless fermenter and chill it there. This makes sure the fermenter is sanitized. So I am chilling 5 or 6 gallons instead of 11 or 12. The rest goes into a no chill cube for later.

I was reading that the 1/4 inch takes longer to chill than the 3/8, also that it is easier to clog. How does faucet water clog the chiller? I just bought the Super Chiller XL and will post back my chill times.

25 minutes from boiling to 65*f. I have a well. This is for 5 3/4 gallons.

I got their 50 ft superchiller and after 2 batches the hose attachment fell apart and requires the use of a hose clamp that I would've expected on it to begin with. I haven't fixed it. I just went back to my 25ft 3/8. It works a little better I think. I think he should say on the website that it's that thin. If I were somewhere that the watertable got below about 60, then i think it would work just great if it didn't fall apart. Other than the hose fitting, the thing is put together well. I also had to tweak it up to fit my system.

I just got in a his 25' foot chiller. For $20 you can't beat it. He says on his site that he's a budget merchant. The only problem I have found is that the line in hose is a little short, but I just cut some off the line out, put it on the line in, and it's good to go. I haven't gotten a chance to use it as my sink requires a special fitting due to my portable dishwasher. Once that fitting gets in and I use it I'll report back.

Not happy with them as a vendor. I was not happy with the size of the chiller being 1/4". No where does he mention that! When I tried to return it, I never got a response after 3 weeks of emails. I would NOT recommend this guy for anything! Chiller is tiny! What kind of vendor does not have a phone number?! One that doesn't give a **** about customer service!

Product was fine. I bought a 20-quart brew pot from him on eBay, and it is definitely economy weight, but fine given how inexpensive it was.
Service was super-slow and messed up, however, and it took multiple emails to get a response from him (which turned out to be inaccurate as well). Then, just when I had given up, bought a differnet canning pot at Kmart, and requested a refund, his pot arrived.
All in all, not too happy...

I order two all grains kit from them 2 weeks ago. No kits and no replies to emails.

Purchased a super chiller 3 months, fast delivery, had an issue and they resolved the issue promptly.

I think things are going south for them.

I bought two of the XL chillers. They work well for me. You get what you pay for, hence the small diameter. He really should put the diameter and a little more description on it, but oh well.

As for his customer service, I thought he was great. Got it to me within a week. Sounds like other people are having trouble though.

Not a big deal but the chillers are 1/4 inch copper tubing .Still a great price

Not happy with them as a vendor. I was not happy with the size of the chiller being 1/4". No where does he mention that! When I tried to return it, I never got a response after 3 weeks of emails. I would NOT recommend this guy for anything! Chiller is tiny! What kind of vendor does not have a phone number?! One that doesn't give a **** about customer service!

When I posted the 1/4 inch od it was from an email from the owner . I asked him in the morning he responded within hours and was very honest about the product. I suspect there are other things involved now maybe his overwhelmed or just is going out.

Been 4 weeks and nothing. I just filed a complaint via paypal and will see what happens. You know the beer kits will just show up tomorrow now.

I ordered 2 of the Super Chillers from this clown over 4 weeks ago... and <crickets>
No response to several emails, no answer on the phone number listed (I found the same bus contact info that 'king' posted) and after filing a dispute/claim through paypal...
"We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any funds
from the seller's account."

In addition to the paypal dispute I also filed a 'claim' with Google for their Sponsored Links, as this site comes up on top if you search "wort chillers"

Not sure how some of you got the products you purchased and actually responses from this guy, but good for you. Maybe my **** will ship someday but I'm not holding my breath.

I ordered 2 of the Super Chillers from this clown over 4 weeks ago... and <crickets>
No response to several emails, no answer on the phone number listed (I found the same bus contact info that 'king' posted) and after filing a dispute/claim through paypal...
"We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any funds
from the seller's account."

In addition to the paypal dispute I also filed a 'claim' with Google for their Sponsored Links, as this site comes up on top if you search "wort chillers"

Not sure how some of you got the products you purchased and actually responses from this guy, but good for you. Maybe my **** will ship someday but I'm not holding my breath.

Ditto here. Ordered on 8-21-09 and have not heard a thing. Did the same with Paypal. Pretty sure I got ripped off. Others on here have the same story.

See end of this thread:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/brewster-brown-125621/

Thanks for that Kremer. I saw that thread before, but I ordered before you and a bunch of others really had an issue. Well... ya live and learn...

RDWHAHB!! Of course this one cost me about $76

How did you do this? I consistently get ads for him on gmail and google, and think it's crap so many people are getting rooked....it'd be nice to get him taking off of google.

How did you do this? I consistently get ads for him on gmail and google, and think it's crap so many people are getting rooked....it'd be nice to get him taking off of google.

Sorry about just getting back to you on this. I checked google again, and it's no longer a "sponsored link", but if you still get the site in searches this is what I did.

After poking around a bit I found this page to report a bad site: https://adwords.google.com/support/aw/bin/request.py?display=form&contact_type=tiaff

The people that complain about the site, the more likely it will be completely removed.

OK, you got me all worked up again, so I started looking for more. It appears that this site is going through Yahoo Business. So I decided to find a way to report merchant abuse... I did! http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/shopping/general.html

I love the internet. Not sure if I should do this, but it is all public information...as long as you know where to look.
Yahoo homepage: http://video.yahoo.com/mypage?s=4704452&public=1
Where he works...I think: http://www.centralstatesinsulation.com/html/contact_form_CSI.php
work email: [email protected]
Here is his EBAY profile feedback page: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=csinsul8&ftab=AllFeedback
And his EBAY store: http://stores.shop.ebay.com/brewstar-supply

Looks like he also owns another domain "yeasters.com" just a parking lot right now, current reg info:
domain: yeasters.com
created: 22-Feb-2009
last-changed: 20-Aug-2009
registration-expiration: 22-Feb-2010

nserver: ns57.1and1.com 74.208.2.9
nserver: ns58.1and1.com 74.208.3.8

registrant-firstname: Eric
registrant-lastname: Brown
registrant-street1: 8972 Indian Rd NW
registrant-pcode: 56367
registrant-state: MN
registrant-city: Rice
registrant-ccode: US
registrant-phone: +1.6123885029
registrant-fax: +1.6123885029
registrant-email:

Also, here is the whois info for this clowns site:

Poor bastard should have made the personal info private when he registered the site...do what you will with this information!!!

Domain Name.......... brewsterbrown.com
Creation Date........ 2008-05-25
Registration Date.... 2008-05-25
Expiry Date.......... 2010-05-25
Organisation Name.... Eric Brown
Organisation Address. 8972 Indian Rd NW
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. Rice
Organisation Address. 56367
Organisation Address. MN
Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

Admin Name........... Eric Brown
Admin Address........ 8972 Indian Rd NW
Admin Address........
Admin Address........ Rice
Admin Address........ 56367
Admin Address........ MN
Admin Address........ UNITED STATES
Admin Email.......... [email protected]
Admin Phone.......... +1.6123885029
Admin Fax............

Tech Name............ YahooDomains TechContact
Tech Address......... 701 First Ave.
Tech Address.........
Tech Address......... Sunnyvale
Tech Address......... 94089
Tech Address......... CA
Tech Address......... UNITED STATES
Tech Email........... [email protected]
Tech Phone........... +1.6198813096
Tech Fax.............
Name Server.......... yns1.yahoo.com
Name Server.......... yns2.yahoo.com

I wasn't impressed with the Superchiller XL being 1/4" OD (as others mentioned, the diameter is not advertised). I would say it performed just average and the plastic garden hose fitting has popped off a few times. If you have cold ground water, it might be adequate, but I have warm Southern California water.

I upgraded to a beefy 1/2" IC that I found on craigslist for $30. As they say, you get what you pay for.
After making a pre-chiller on my own from products at Home Depot, I realize that doing it yourself is very easy.

I got a response back from Yahoo shopping and this is what they sent...

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Shopping.

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. If you think you may
be a victim of fraud, we recommend that you contact the Internet Fraud
Complaint Center, your local postal inspector and/or the Federal Trade
Commission at:

http://www.ic3.gov/

http://www.usps.gov/websites/depart/inspect

http://www.ftc.gov/ftc/complaint.htm

It may also be appropriate to contact your local law enforcement
officials (through a non-emergency number).

More information on fraud can be found at:

http://www.fraud.org/welcome.htm

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Shopping.

Back