Competition Anxiety

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smackythefrog

Reaction score
So, I entered my first competition this past week. It was the Boston Homebrew Competition on the 27th of February. I think I've checked the website for results every hour on the hour. Mind you, I have no delusions that I'm going to win or even place. I did it mainly for the experience and the feedback, something to build off of. I'm usually pretty patient, but this is driving me nuts. I don't expect anyone to care or relate, it's probably my own psychosis. I'm just venting my mental competition induced illness. Thanks for stopping by.

meh, you're just sick in the head. No one in this hobby has EVER felt what you're feeling :D

(excpet for me when I entered my first comp last year - and I won a bronze medal!!! :tank:)

The results were posted last night. 2010 Boston Homebrew Comp results

I placed first in the stout and strong ale categories. I've been riding the silver and bronze train for a while so it feels good to finally get a first place... and two is even better. :tank:

And yeah I'm the same way. I'm always checking and rechecking the competition's website like crazy for results and then waiting for my score sheets in the mail like a kid waiting for Christmas morning.

the results are up, i checked them earlier today.

Took third place with my chocolate porter, but my IPAs tanked. Not too pleased. It was my first competition. Do you know if they are going to mail us the judge's score sheets?

Bah! I kept checking the main page where it said check back shortly. I entered an IPA only because I happened to have bottles left over from before I started kegging. As expected I didn't place but I am looking forward to the feedback.

the results are up, i checked them earlier today.

Took third place with my chocolate porter, but my IPAs tanked. Not too pleased. It was my first competition. Do you know if they are going to mail us the judge's score sheets?

Depends on the head judge(s), but don't expect anything within 2 weeks. It's a lot of sheets to fold and mail. Sometimes I've had it take up to a month.

Back