Nanny 911

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MNBugeater

Reaction score
DAMN IT!! TURN IT OFF!!

I love my wife but can't stand when she watches this show. Shes watches alot of shows I don't necessarily care for, but we each like our own shows. I get that. I know she doesn't like when I watch football all day Saturday, Sunday, analysis on Mondays-Friday etc... and I do leave the room most of the time if she is watching her reality shows..

But for the love of GOD, if I wanted to listen to kids screaming for 60 minutes everyday, I'd have my own.
This show is 50 minutes of screaming and hell and then suddenly everything is ok.

Anyone else watch this or have SWMBO that watch this?

I can't believe these idiot parents let the show air with the world to watch their stupidity at raising children.

Dude, you need to get a DVR!! SWMBO & my daughter like the show and know that I can't stand it so it gets recorded. They watch after my daughter gets home from school and before i get home from work.

You are absolutely right Ed, its amazing what people will allow the nation to see. Like the show 'Clean House' ~ seriously, if my house was that dirty, NO ONE is coming in especially with tv cameras!!

I can't stand that show either, unless its to tape for my sister-in-law to show her that her kids behavior really isn't normal nor accepted by the civilized portion of society. My theory is if I wanted kids I'd have my own or borrow some more often. :)

Dude, you need to get a DVR!! SWMBO & my daughter like the show and know that I can't stand it so it gets recorded. They watch after my daughter gets home from school and before i get home from work.

Got a DVR and I don't want that **** filling up valuable space.;)

That's one of the main reasons I binned the TV.

I don't have kids and I don't want to hear them on TV.
If I didnt get free cable I would loose it all together. There are only a handful of channels that i can actually sit down and watch.

Its all trash and fear mongering commercials......Buy this product or something bad could happen.

I like those sort of shows in short spans for one reason: it shows me that I really am not doing as bad a job as I think with my kids. They're relative angels compared to those monsters.

I like those sort of shows in short spans for one reason: it shows me that I really am not doing as bad a job as I think with my kids. They're relative angels compared to those monsters.

Good point. Nothing like seeing a benchmark of bad or clueless parenting. :D

Nanny 911 is bull****. Those kids go back to being little jerks the second the nanny leaves. Give my Dad just 5 minutes with those kids and they would never act that way again.

if i carried on like that when i was a kid, i'd have a belt across my arse... folks didn't play around when we were growing up...

Do any of you have kids??? lol. not trying to start anything.

My kids are great. But almost every episode of that show shows me something relevent.

ANYONE who has had kids has had them get out of bed again and again. That show cured all 3 of my kids of this in 1 night.

If you don't have kids, I HEAR YOU! I wouldn't watch it either.

If your wife insists on watching it MAYBE SHE IS TRYING TO TELL YOU SOMETHING!!;)

Seriously, the show is almost like free counselling for parents. It is really great.

I have three kids. I only gave them 1/100th of what my father gave me, and they never acted for 5 seconds the way those spoiled brats act day and night on Nanny 911.

Then again, I'm a bad person: I think my dog is just a stupid dog, not a person.

Anyone else watch this or have SWMBO that watch this?

I'll do ya one better ... my wife will watch any damn reality show that comes on. Show about dog grooming? Yep! Show about freaks cutting hair? Yep! Show with bunch of retards trapped in a house? Definitely!

She watches Big Brother (bangbus) whatever it is. It's worse than Nanny 911 because it 60 minutes of screaming and they're adults, for christ's sake.

I learned from Big Brother that most people whine a lot more than anyone in my family. It makes me happy.

This show is just one of many that have absolutely no value to watch or even make! I agree with JW... the kids go back to the hellions they are after nanny leaves.

I am so glad I don't have a TV. I don't even know what you guys are talking about. If I here about something I want to see on tv, I go to my local pub and hang out there. That usually happens a couple time a month tops. The rest is just garbage.

If I didnt get free cable I would loose it all together. There are only a handful of channels that i can actually sit down and watch.

Its all trash and fear mongering commercials......Buy this product or something bad could happen.

Amen to the 'fear mongering commmercials'! I trashed the TV for several years until this last move a few weeks ago and got cable in a bundle with the internet...SHEESH! It's gotten worse! EVERY commercial, just about, giving folks the message that every person/virus/terrorist/insurance company/debt collector is after them. My God, I never knew I had so much to worry about!

Probably a good thing that I'm losing IQ points at such a rapid rate by watching the actual programming. That way, I'll be a vapid, drooling fool before I get too paranoid to go outside anymore.

Amen to the 'fear mongering commmercials'! I trashed the TV for several years until this last move a few weeks ago and got cable in a bundle with the internet...SHEESH! It's gotten worse! EVERY commercial, just about, giving folks the message that every person/virus/terrorist/insurance company/debt collector is after them. My God, I never knew I had so much to worry about!

Probably a good thing that I'm losing IQ points at such a rapid rate by watching the actual programming. That way, I'll be a vapid, drooling fool before I get too paranoid to go outside anymore.

Don't forget that apparently EVERYONE sweats buckets!!! get your 24hr protection, NOW!;)

Two acronyms that will help you remove bad TV shows from your life:

1. DVR
2. FTA

I have a DVR and how exactly does that remove bad TV from my life and get her to NOT watch it. I'm not the one watching it in the first place. Whether she watches it live or TiVoed....I still hear screaming kids through out the house...

Oh yeah, she watches Real World too and that she DOES TiVO that. So i get to hear ADULTS acting like KIDS screaming through out the house.

*I'm off to work on that brew house and spend some quality time in my garage, I hear the theme music*

Back