A Big Thanks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryser2k

Reaction score
I just wanted to thank all the regulars here... since finding this message board less than a month ago, I've become even more excited about homebrewing. Without this site, I'd still be making kits from Austin Homebrew and wondering if I was doing things right. With this site, I'm well on my way to creating my own recipes and doing all-grain brewing. You've answered all my questions and then some, and for that I'm very grateful.

Thanks everybody!

Yeah this place has really come together. Big thanks to everyone for the friendly, helpful advice and the civilized tone. Cheers! :D

I wholeheartedly agree. I’m confident I have learned 1+ years worth of knowledge in the 3 months that I have been brewing all because of this site.

Thanks again!

desertBrew said:
I wholeheartedly agree. I’m confident I have learned 1+ years worth of knowledge in the 3 months that I have been brewing all because of this site.

Thanks again!

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Sam

This place rocks!!!

There is so much to learn, and decent people here who help to teach!

Thanks Everyone!

I haver learned in the past 2 or more years I have been visiting brewboards, that brewers in general like to exchange advice and help each other out.

I have been a member for like 24 hours now... and already I am pumped about the peeps here.

I invited a couple of my more "experienced" brewer friends.. hopefully they will chime in at some point.

Buddhabuddha said:
I have been a member for like 24 hours now... and already I am pumped about the peeps here.

I invited a couple of my more "experienced" brewer friends.. hopefully they will chime in at some point.

Milwaukee!! SWEET!!!!
I'm originally from WI and I miss it bad. Matter of fact I'll be up there in two weeks for my first Brewers game at Miller Park. Psyched. I'm also going to bring back a bunch of Sprecher and Leinies.....

Welcome to the forum!

Yeah, livin in mileewaauukeee... good times. That is kinda funny, I am from Northern VA, fam even lived in Norfolk for a while..

I am a recruiting consultant for a major brewery..(take a wild guess)..
It seems as though alot of people are pumped about opening day! Enjoy!

(also from Milwaukee). I'm heading back around the 4th of July. I haven't stumbled about at Summerfest in 8 years and look forward to that. Also to get to Miller Park; have only driven past it since its been built.

Speaking of Sprecher, I'll get me some of those too! I used to work for a software company that the owner was also a major investor for Sprecher. He went to school with Randy Sprecher in CO. It was a nice place to work as we had 3 styles of Sprecher on tap at all times. As long as you didn't abuse it... feel free to get a frosty mug. :cool:

Definitely love sprecher... I am a huge fan of their "Pub Ale"...
We usually have alot of beer in this office, but given my client... it is a whole lot of Miller, and nothing else...
:(
but hey, they pay the salary, I can't complain too much. Besides i get beer at work :D

Buddhabuddha said:
Yeah, livin in mileewaauukeee... good times. That is kinda funny, I am from Northern VA, fam even lived in Norfolk for a while..

I am a recruiting consultant for a major brewery..(take a wild guess)..
It seems as though alot of people are pumped about opening day! Enjoy!

Wow....interesting....
So what does a recruiting consultant actually do?
You work at the brewery? I think I'm actually going to tour Miller when we go there. I haven't ever been in a tour there--despite living in Milwaukee or in the general area near it during my whole life. I'll always be a Miller fan no matter what my snobbish beer values have become!

DesertBrew and Buddha, you guys Packers fans?
(I'm the king of thread hijacking, I know....sorry)

orrelse said:
DesertBrew and Buddha, you guys Packers fans?
(I'm the king of thread hijacking, I know....sorry)

The Pack? Oh yea! Got huge packer bars out here as well (and Dallas)

Buddhabuddha - the Champagne of Beers is still a favorite of mine as long as its in that clear longneck bottle. It's about the only commerical one's I still like on occasion. I like it during Packer games that start at 10a out here or when it's 100+ degrees. Or a Tecate... (we had this thread once before)

I am a HighLife Man myself as well...Something about an ICE cold Highlife on a hot day.. good stuff. ... I actually work for a consulting firm here in milwaukee, I am on a 3 year project with Miller so I will be working with them for a while... I recruit for all the positions in 3 of the 6 large breweries.. (Milwaukee, Ft. Worth TX, and Irwindale California..) It is a good gig, and miller is a good client, can't complain.

I have been on "The" brewery tour.. it is interesting... but from what I hear, the best brewery tour to go on here in Milwaukee is the "lakefront Brewery" (make Eastside Dark etc..) They have two options, the long tour, and the short tour... the short tour takes you down the stairs to the bar. :) I worked down IN the brewery in SouthWest Georgia for about 6 weeks. That was fun, nothin like seeing THOUSANDS of bottles wizzin around ya on your way to the bathroom.

As for being a Packer fan... you betcha! my parents were born and raised in the milwaukee area... SO I grew up surounded by "Packer fans" my whole life.. besides they are a classy team.. it is hard not to like them.

Back